(1.0.2.21) Roaming AI Workers

Light Cleric

ElCee/LC/El Cid
This has been around a while but I've noticed this happening much more post-patch. City-State workers and, rarely, major Civ workers will go off in a completely random direction and never return home. This usually leads to them getting captured by Barbarians or, even worse, getting in the player's way. In the attached screenshot, I captured a worker from Gandhi that he had somehow gotten from Bucharest(probably from barbs). I opted to liberate it for the influence with Bucharest. The Worker then decided to run the opposite direction and get frozen at Gandhi's border, not moving no matter how much space he had around him. This was VERY irritating because it essentially blocked off a tile I could have used to place a ranged unit.

I drew an arrow where he originally came from and a red circle on the minimap of where his city-state is. Unfortunately I forgot to stick the save in my Dropbox but I will attach it when I get home. :p

This was also the second time a Worker had done this in this game that I saw; the first time one of Valetta's workers was captured by Barbarians while idling on the shore.

EDIT: Updated with save.

Attachments

• dumboworker.jpg
    dumboworker.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 87
  • Isabella_0086 BC-0725.Civ5Save
    1 MB · Views: 50
Top Bottom