Which civ has the best music?

PhloxCapacitor

Chieftain
I've played a fair number of Civ V games now, but pretty much always with the sound off.

If I were going to play one game with the sound on, which civ should I choose?

I've listened to pieces of the soundtrack, so I assume that each civ has its own musical score, which differs depending on if you are at peace or war. So does the same song just play over and over, or is there also a pool of "generic" songs that play for all civs, with the unique songs interspersed now and again?

I think most of them are decent. I don't recall any one song that turned me off to the point of muting it, although there are a fair number that kinda just "disappears" into the background rather quickly (i.e. too quiet or otherwise not noticeable enough).

Pedro's Bond villain theme.

Although I'm also quite fond of Hymn to Nikkal and I Vow to Thee My Country.

Honorable mentions to Spain and Venice as well.

I'm rather partial to the Native American theme, eg. when playing Shoshone.

Don't think the music is Civ specific - rather, there are several playlists - Asian, European, Native American, Middle Eastern, African - and something in the config files flags which civ gets which playlist.

While I like playing Songhai, his music puts me off. I usually turn it off. I like Britain`s military music, although being British I play it just because it is British, I would even if the miusic was crap which the peace version is. In general most of the music in this game puts me off, especially that horrible wailing on the start screen menu of the game. Most battle music of most Civs is pretty good.

I quite like the CS` little bits of music though.

In no particular order: Spain, England, Sweden, Arabia, with runners-up Brazil and Poland.

You know that Spain, England Sweden and also Poland have same music?

I'm talking in regards the themes. Standard (non-theme) music tracks are all good in my opinion, though I really like the Asian ones.

England war and peace themes are both awesome.
The Zulu war music is fantastic.
The Pedro "Bond villain" war music is another firm favourite. It's just so odd for the game yet fits so perfectly for Evil Santa. :D
Byzantium war music.
Carthage war music even though I hate the civ.
Indonesia war music, sounds a bit like the Danny Elfman Batman music at certain points.
China war music.

Sadly I still hate Rome's music.

Pedro's Bond villain theme.

Although I'm also quite fond of Hymn to Nikkal and I Vow to Thee My Country.

Honorable mentions to Spain and Venice as well.

Ha! I was just thinking yesterday how much Pedro's music is like a James Bond song.

I like Ottomans music, Aztecs music, I vow to Thee My country is a great song, Spains music and the Austrian music best.

I always listen to my music playlist, and Audiobooks....Seriously, since Civ is turn based and your controlling the game it is easy to listen to a Audiobook in the background.

If you are a Game of Thrones Fan...You could easily listen to "A Dance with Dragons" before the new season of the HBO series starts. (Or start from the beginning,...and see where the book and show are different). If you want to try it, sign up for Audiobooks.com and first book is free!

Jeez that's a good question, I like Huns, England, Brazil (obvs), Poland, Carthage, Indonesia, Portugal, Shoshone, Mongolia and well, I can't really remember all of them

Top Bottom