Can't access all of map (Oceania - Scrambled Continents DLC) (BNW 1.0.3.279)

GoGoGu3r1lla

Chieftain
The attached picture shows my problem pretty immediately. I can't move or see past clouds at a certain point for some reason. I'm not sure if this only applies to the Oceania map (Scrambled Continents DLC) but I haven't been able to produce it elsewhere.

I've included saves for when the bug shows up and right before. For the "pre-bug" file, just continue to move the warrior south (there's only one unit) for one or two turns. I had Enhanced UI installed but I already removed it and started a new game and the same thing happened. I have other mods installed but none are enabled and all of them were installed through steam workshop and in-game manager (except Enhanced UI obviously).

BNW 1.0.3.279
Game Mode: Single Player
Civ: England
Map: Oceania
Size: Huge
All DLC's downloaded/enabled
No mods enabled

Attachments

• CivilizationV_DX11 2015-05-13 13-34-38-07.jpg
    CivilizationV_DX11 2015-05-13 13-34-38-07.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 446
  • pre-bug_Elizabeth_0001 BC-3940.Civ5Save
    850.6 KB · Views: 59
  • bug_Elizabeth_0006 BC-3640.Civ5Save
    863.4 KB · Views: 84
It looks like you're on the southern edge of the map. Minimap seems to indicate this as well.

It looks like you're on the southern edge of the map.

I thought so too as well, at first. But I've never run into this behavior in any other maps when I reach the southern edge. And aren't the northern and southern edges always ice or snow? Not sure on that. Anyway, the fog of war never obscures part of the adjacent tile like it does in the picture. In the picture, half of my scout unit is covered by the fog of war.

Ice and snow only cover the map edges on normal maps because regular map generation scripts are told to do so. If you play with a map script that does not do this, eg. one of the maps in the Explorer's Map Pack, you will encounter map edges that are not surrounded by ice and snow. The fact that Fog of War obscures parts of the southern tiles is just due to Civ5's graphics: fog in Civ5 is actually an effect applied on top of a transparent, hexagonal prism "wall" of sorts. You can see this more clearly when you set fog detail to Minimum. From the camera's perspective, the walls rise to obscure the lower parts of the hexes to their north, which is why the fog effect laid on top of the wall will cover those tiles as well.

Top Bottom