Your biggest score so far?

benfp

Chieftain
We do not have hall of fame yet and I'm wondering what the best possible scores are.

My only and best score is 3392 points. I didn't use any fancy strategy in this one so I'm pretty confident it can be beat!

Please post your best score and a few lines about it like if you used any special strategy, whether you made friends with natives or burnt their villages, etc.

Note to CivFanatics administrators: Will (Could) there be a HOF mod or a way to post scores like in other civ games anytime soon?

Mine is 4040 (normalised) which isn't very big, but I'm working on it. :)

My problem is that I like to do a lot of trading and that pushes up the tax rate which has a huge bearing on the final score. In my opinion the whole scoring system needs to be revised to include more factors such as population, $, victory date etc.

Mine is only 3774 (normalized). It seems most of my games are ending up around there at the moment....

I agree with Dalgo that scoring relies entirely too much on tax rate, though I can't be positive about this. It could also have alot to do with production and gold on hand at the end of the game, I don't have much of either since I've got 90% of my folks fighting and have spent my last dime to arm them all.

I agree with Dalgo that scoring relies entirely too much on tax rate, though I can't be positive about this. It could also have alot to do with production and gold on hand at the end of the game, I don't have much of either since I've got 90% of my folks fighting and have spent my last dime to arm them all.

If you toggle on the score display on the main screen then mouse over your name it says the current score is made up of Land + FF - Tax rate.

My best score so far is 4306, strangly enough thats actually a game where i lost, my best winning score is only 3531

If you toggle on the score display on the main screen then mouse over your name it says the current score is made up of Land + FF - Tax rate.

Is there something else? I seem to be dropping about 1000 points right around the DOI. My scores kinda look like the Dow Jones this decade...

So by that calculation I could basically jack the score up by founding a ton of new settlements toward the end of a game! I usually end up producing food like a madman at the end anyways. I'll start accepting all those random FF's late game too! Silly way to run a country....

So by that calculation I could basically jack the score up by founding a ton of new settlements toward the end of a game! I usually end up producing food like a madman at the end anyways. I'll start accepting all those random FF's late game too! Silly way to run a country....

I think probably the land value is taken over time rather than a snapshot at the end. In my latest game Washington was wiped out by his king and finished with virtually no land at all, and I know he didn't have many FF because I had most of them, yet he still finished a close second.

It is suprising that winning the game doesn't seem to be factored into the score at all :confused:

Top Bottom