Banana gives bonuses only in forests?

fmiracle

Warlord
As I can see Banana resource gives food bonus only in forests...

And AI always builds farms on top of it...
And bonus become useless forever.

strange.

I wonder, whe there is no "Plantation" improvement in the game. Not only it would work well with Banana, Tabacco, Sugar, it would also make sense for the new world.

(And while i amat Plantations... Where are the Slaves ?!)

(And while i amat Plantations... Where are the Slaves ?!)

You only get them after declaring independence. The British Empire, after all, obviously never traded slaves.

Yea, i thought so. God save the Queen.

Building a Lodge should boost a Banana plot by +1 Food along with the +1 Lumber (never seen a Banana with Lumber and Fur, only Lumber and Sugar/Tobacco)

Makes sense Strig. A lodge should boost the food output of a banana similar to boosting the lumber/furs output of a wooded tile.

In fact banana plantation is more like farm then lodge in forest.

And it's just funny AI alway remove forest frompanana, resulting in even lower food....

The Civ4 is well known for heavy Lumberjacking-addiction. Perhaps they inherited some of the "Chop Everything :drool: Syndrome" in Col.

Presumably, they exist unseen in the game, and become those two colonists per colony you get if you select the "All Men Are Free" civic during your revolution.

And who, at last, start working (+25% yields) when you select the "Enslavement". :goodjob:

P.S. the whole Constitution concept seems not well thought-out and polished for me.

And who, at last, start working (+25% yields) when you select the "Enslavement". :goodjob:

P.S. the whole Constitution concept seems not well thought-out and polished for me.

The whole constitution except for "all men are equal" is totally pointless because you're just piling all available resources into the WoI and after that you win.

The whole constitution except for "all men are equal" is totally pointless because you're just piling all available resources into the WoI and after that you win.

IMHO one should always consider the post-war period aswell.. and a time when ones cities span the whole of the americas..
Then, a +25% rawmaterial is worth a lot more than ~30 ind servants as a once upon a time bonus.

IMHO one should always consider the post-war period aswell.. and a time when ones cities span the whole of the americas..
Then, a +25% rawmaterial is worth a lot more than ~30 ind servants as a once upon a time bonus.

And, in gameplay terms, I should consider this why? There is no post-war period because after the war you will have won. If we'd be talking about victory after the war has been fought, that's another issue but we shouldn't discuss a theoretical way of what the game might or should be but the way it is now :)

Actually, isn't it weird that banannas exist at all when you first arrive? They were imported from Asia.

Actually, isn't it weird that banannas exist at all when you first arrive? They were imported from Asia.

Cotton and sugar cane too... Those were imported from Asia. It makes no sense that bananas, sugar, and cotton exist from the start... but oh well. It's funny how a lot of the true new world origin resources just don't enter the game at all, except for tobacco and corn. They could have had everything from potatoes to peppers, from tomatoes to dyes.

This is also where the idea of being able to build cash crop plantations, such as cotton, sugar, etc, instead of having actual resources for these things, should come in play. The entire new world has already growing wild cash crops that need proper care and tending to even exist? It's just ******ed.

Actually - yes.
You always can imagine banana/cotton/tobacco etc bonus just as 'a place with unique fertility that is very suitable for cotton/tobacco/bananas'. There currently may be no bananas at all, but it will grow nice, if planted.

Actually - yes.
You always can imagine banana/cotton/tobacco etc bonus just as 'a place with unique fertility that is very suitable for cotton/tobacco/bananas'. There currently may be no bananas at all, but it will grow nice, if planted.

And then the illusion is gone when you discover that the natives have this mysterious ability to be able to train you in farming crops that they've never ever seen before...

Top Bottom