Where should I found my next city?

Anunnaki

Chieftain
Hi,

As you can see from the image below I've identified the area where the game is suggesting I settle my city but I have a conundrum as there is iron and a unique luxury outside of the radius for the two spots (also a natural wonder Old Faithful too) and I'm unsure which I should prioritise?

Unfortunately I have no iron anywhere so that iron resource, which is 6 iron, is my only source of iron so I'm looking strongly at that but as you can see there is a marble resource to the west. You can't see it on this screen but directly west of Vienna (just where the AUI icons are) is a marble resource as well as furs but to settle a city there will be a lot of overlapping tiles with Vienna.

I was briefly considering settling on the middle suggestion so that I can grab marble, eventually get the iron but not work it and also get old faithful but I'm not sure if old faithful is that great? I haven't worked it for a long time and also I'm pretty sure I won't be able to connect this city to the rest of my civilisation without a coastal city?

What about settling two cities on that side of the mountains? One to grab an observatory, old faithful and marble and another to the East to grab the iron and gold and a coastal city?

I'd settle on the tile to the east of the river, pretty good production city and descent growth once you hit civil service and farm the river hills or you could settle 2 cities, 1 on the forest and 1 on the gold(buy the pearls before Japan). Old Faithful is pretty useless but it does give you 3 or 4 happiness I believe if it's in your borders(might be wrong here).

Definitely settle on the tile east of the river, it's an amazing spot.

The problem with trying to settle two cities there is the lack of food Lot of hills and even with one city you'll be making farms on the hills next to the river.

What difficulty is this, btw? You are REALLY behind on Growth (and thus also stuff like science). Vienna should probably be at least size 15 at that point, arguably larger. A huge problem is that you don't seem to have many improved tiles at all.

Top Bottom