No longer a N00b

rustyciv

Chieftain
Proud as punch, have just finished by first Deity - diplomatic Victory on Civ5 (even if it felt a bit cheesy with Venice on archipelogo

BNW - Venice, Deity, Standard Size & Speed

(See attachment for proof)

I didnt want to try BE before I have reached deity, should I do so
or try and get to the deity on poland or mayans? Everyone rates Poland as upper tier but they don't seem to work for me like Mayans and Venice does

Rusty Out

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0002.jpg
    Civ5Screen0002.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 317
Congrats. i`m still working on it.

Good work, also working on it, even if the archipelago feels cheesy indeed.

For my part I play Immortal, but last game Alexander declared war, but i brang Shaka in the melee and he took both and only ones greek cities, so it was a bad move. now i have Shaka as neighbour, and this damn Elisabeth signed a ROP with him so he can get around my defenses, now i have plenty impies in the middle of my cities, I just quitted. Ah also, I was in happiness shortage as always... nothing seems to improve damnit.

See in that context I would be lucky to win your scenario, sucky on Pangaea etc, I find that it's more important to have strong diplomatic ties with city states, but with Greece in the game you have your work cut out for you

Ah, but Pangaea makes *diplomacy* easier, because it's fairly unlikely that civs wouldn't want to attack each other, for a price, heh. And with everyone fighting with everyone, nobody will have time for you

Nice! I'm not there either. Though I tend to purposely not play to my strengths though to get different experiences. Maybe if I actually hand picked a civ and started with a small map I could manage.

That's right one way to Learn trial by fire, did that Mongolia continents immortal challenge quite a while, got a good *score* but felt like too many turns

Proud as punch, have just finished by first Deity - diplomatic Victory on Civ5

Congrats!

even if it felt a bit cheesy with Venice on archipelago

Deity win is deity win, but I know what you mean.

I didnt want to try BE before I have reached deity

Me neither, and I am gonna wait on BE for the first patch and sale. Naturally, I recommend that you do the same!

try and get to the deity on poland or mayans? Everyone rates Poland as upper tier but they don't seem to work for me like Mayans and Venice does

I think you should try Poland or Mayans and keep us posted. I am afraid I cannot learn from the folks who have deity mastered. I want to hear from my peers who are struggling!

My first play at deity was diplo using Sweden, and it went very well. Since then, I have been loosing SV -- even with Babylon, Korea, and Poland. I am gonna try Mayan on Fractal or Venice on archipelago next.

That's funny, for me a science win is the easiest to get on Deity, because whoever' my closest rival in science per turn is usually the game's biggest warmonger and that gives him quite a tech penalty despite having north of 3000 beakers per turn by the endgame.

Top Bottom