Announcing Civilization Network!

:shake: You gotta be kidding me Dommy. Trust reviewers that have been paid off by 2k more than your fellow CivFanatics. :shake:

I doubt they've been paid off.

But I think the amount of complaining that's been generated about it is ridiculous. If its really THAT BAD, just don't post in the CiV forums, don't post something negative every two seconds.

And besides, CivFanatics are well known, in general, for being too fanatical to be trustworthy...

I think it's important to remember that more reviewers are usually not Civ experts (or experts on any of the games they review). They just get the game, play it for awhile, and then give their impression – they are likely know have some meaningful stuff to say about the game's graphics and interface, but they are unlikely to know much about the game's depth of strategy (unless it is a fairly simple game) or balance or longevity.

This is true...

To be fair to the reviewers I'd have to say that if I was going to write a review after playing for an hour I would of given it a good one, the game was fun for a week but then it just went sour. :(

Well the tediousness of the 1 UPT set in, the buzz from it finally arriving wore off and it just got too boring and no matter what I did I couldn't make it fun anymore.

I had about 10 cause it takes about 20 turns to make a single unit! And the $100 Special Edition is collecting dust under my desk. :mad:

I had about 10 cause it takes about 20 turns to make a single unit! And the $100 Special Edition is collecting dust under my desk. :mad:

I think that was intentional for it to take so long, to make it easier to manage. I don't see the problem, at least in itself.

Are you gonna sell it on E-Bay or something, get some money?

I don't think that would work cause it's registered on E-Bay. There is a positive to the SE though, it came with the only two good things in the game, the soundtrack and a figure of the GDR.

EDIT: It's combat animation almost makes the game worth it though, It DEFINES awesome. :cool:

Heres a video of it.

Link to video.

Do I here a Wilhelm Scream?

Who else is thinking that we got trolled by Firaxis?\

I still have yet to see them actually release something. It even says on one of the posts that this guy asked to be an Alpha Tester and yet nothing has happened. I just think either they started it and then forgot about it for awhile and are still preparing it for the alpha phase (they're taking registrations, not making the testers) or something similar happened.

"Lol, U mad, Civ Fans?" - Troll Sid Meier

Uhh, guys i don't think he's gonna say Thanks or anything,
just announce stuff.

Top Bottom