How are MVPs for Culture medals determined?

Rubio

Warlord
Does it matter if you're the first in with a GP? Will someone who puts more than 1 GP in (culture ministers only AFAIK) ALWAYS get the MVP? Does market value get taken into account?

from my experince its 100% random. I have put in 5 and had one person put in 1. and they still go the medal.. grrr.

so not sure but i am pretty sure its 100% random

If you put in more GPs your chances will go up to get a medal and to become cultural minister.

There's another suggestion to 2k games right there.... how stupid!!! :p

i think there should be ways of getting others out of ministry spots. I disagree that we should make it really difficult to do so. At the end of the day I am not going to spend heaps of GP for no benefit at all. I have been in civs where I have helped build four wonders and only one helps me. If however i am going to put in GP with no chance of reward then I will be alot more careful about helping build wonders that have no benefit to me at all. Why should I help my team if they aren't willing to help me? because I have a chance of getting ministers spot then it gives me a chance to get wonders that will help me built. it also improves my chances of getting king and achievements and fame points.

Before anyone says anything I am actually a team player even though the above does not sound lke it so no complaints along those lines please.

They should let everybody build wonders as much as they want.... or have a rule that at least 2 or 3 people in a civ have to contribute at least one GP... but let the medal go to whoever puts more in, or if it's a tie, break it by market value at that moment...

Cultural minister should have a different function.... it's too big a responsibility... we just lost a huge war we may have won if the cultural minister had been around because that way we could have coordinated building a call to arms...

They should let everybody build wonders as much as they want.... or have a rule that at least 2 or 3 people in a civ have to contribute at least one GP... but let the medal go to whoever puts more in, or if it's a tie, break it by market value at that moment...

Cultural minister should have a different function.... it's too big a responsibility... we just lost a huge war we may have won if the cultural minister had been around because that way we could have coordinated building a call to arms...
but wars are also lost because the defence minister and king/queen can't be online at that point in time too. That is just one of those things that happen. If a civ wants something bad enough they can usually build it. may require a fire sale to get money to buy required GP but can be done. Few times it can't is the exception.

BTW: The King can put up multiple GP's for wonders along with the Culture Minister. Not sure that's been documented.

That's a real recent change then? Because as king i could not.... as of a few days ago...

Maybe it was a bug then, I remember trying once as king and couldn't do it :S

I think the ministers should be elected with princes and the king eligible candidates.

Rdit: And none able to hold multiple ministries.

Another good question would be, do culture EVENTS count for medals???

Top Bottom