Having trouble deciding where to place 2nd city

I was thinking the forest next to the horse to grab all three, or owning the plains above it and dropping a citadel on the incense itself.

Ok, I will consider the north for my 4th city.

I did settle my second city and it is growing very well. I also settled another city on the coast to the east and I need to get more tiles there to keep growing. Things are going ok despite my usual slow start, universities are coming online soon, my demographics are high and I can get the key world wonders - I'm going for cultural (have Oracle, Hagia and Borobudur so far).

Here is how the map looks now.

Attachments

• inca4.jpg
    inca4.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 148
IMO you made a mistake, i would settle Andes one tile to the left to get marble, and in that case the hill which you settled in your game would be +4 hill farm.

IMO you made a mistake, i would settle Andes one tile to the left to get marble, and in that case the hill which you settled in your game would be +4 hill farm.

You're likely right. I think I went with the current spot so I could gain three more food spots to the east, which seemed more important than the marble considering my happiness levels.

Either way, superb Inca location, lot of food, no tile mainteinance, you will have to try really hard not to win :):)

16 happiness with 2 luxs for 3 cities ? You like dangerous life. It comes from CS or lux from AI. If I see your gpt, I think it's the second case.

That's exactly what I did right after I mentioned that I needed more tiles. I am now working three tiles below the, ahem, Andes and you're correct, got a 6/2 plus a 4/2 and 3/2, if I recall. Andes is now growing well.

Cusco, on the other hand, is barely hanging in there as it spends most of the time building the critical cultural wonders (Sistine, now Uffizi, then PT and Hermitage). Having to put more into hammers instead of food (in a race with Persia now for Uffizi) but have not built any of the hammer buildings yet (those were the 1-2 turns techs I'm currently doing now that I got Acoustics and Architecture).

Here's the mid-game progress I made in my 3-city Tradition/Cultural game. I had been wonder-spamming in Cusco so that's why it's not as big as it should be but in about 12-15 turns, all cities will be over 20 and Tourism will have tripled with Eiffel, hotels and broadcast towers coming online. The key to a cultural game, which can't be overstated, is the science game.

Attachments

• inca5.jpg
    inca5.jpg
    353.7 KB · Views: 91
I guess it looks nice, but the pop cap is a little low and you have 2 trade routes not used. Three even.

Lots of wars going on between everyone but me - losing trade routes a lot. Also not getting the maritimes much at all. Cap is having to back off on the high food/low-no prod tiles. 8 of its last 9 builds were wonders.

Top Bottom