R.E.D. modpack

Gedemon, thanks for the link, but it didn't work. I've tried it yesterday, and the Japanese Composite archers still have the grey beam glitch. Could it be because of direct X? I do not update my computer, but I did install a fresh copy of Direct X from the Microsoft website.

Ho, yes, they are not yet in the list of units disabled by the "fix".

You can do it manually then, open 4-Japan.sql in "..\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\R.E.D. Modpack (v 27)\SQL" with any text editor like notepad, find the line
Code:
SELECT	'JAPAN',		'JAPAN',		'Composite_Bowman_Japan.fxsxml',		'ART_DEF_UNIT_COMPOSITE_BOWMAN',	'ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_COMPOSITE_BOWMAN',				0,				NULL,			0		UNION ALL
and delete it (or just add -- at the beginning of the line)

Love the idea.
I have a MAC, BNW version of Civ 5

I downloaded the file, placed it into a MOD folder with all of my other MODs.
Now when I open my MODs menue, all the other MODs show up, except R.E.D.

Any ideas? Thank you.

Try to extract the .civ5mod file manually.

Is is it possible to only have modern unit diversity in the mod-pack? With everything else left out for modern scenarios? Because the file has become quite large.

Is is it possible to only have modern unit diversity in the mod-pack? With everything else left out for modern scenarios? Because the file has become quite large.

Yes, but it would take quite a bit of work.

I know Gedemon's not going to do it, but if you are willing to put in the time yourself, it would be easier to base your changes on BrutalSamurai22's Ethnic Units mod (which is based on an earlier version of R.E.D.; note that it doesn't revise scale and formation, and it adds some new unit types). The SQL files are categorized by unit type, and the art is in separate folders. You can just delete the SQL files and the art files for the units you don't want.

If you want to base it on R.E.D., it's a similar process, but the SQL files are organized by civ instead, so you'll have to modify each one [commenting out the unwanted units], then go through and delete the art you don't want. Some of the filenames for the art files are a little confusing though, so it may be difficult to tell what you can delete safely.

EDIT: There's another option. Many of the textures don't need to be as large as they are. It'd be VERY tedious, and you'd have to do it again if R.E.D. gets updated, but you might just use gargoyle575's R.E.D. Reduced File Size, and go through and manually copy the files from that mod and overwrite the R.E.D. ones.

Gedemon, I am playing Napoleon under the Kingdom of France mod, I noticed that the Rafale graphics are checker-boxed, like the shape was imported, but not the textures. I checked the modinfo file and the SQL file, and everything appears to be in order. Can you check this out, fix it for your next version release?

the Rafale graphics are checker-boxed, like the shape was imported, but not the textures.
The Rafale_diff.dds is included with the mod, but Rafale_sref.dds is missing.

I don't know where the model came from (it doesn't appear to be in the units subforum or the downloads database. [Never mind, it's here, but the sref is missing from the zip.]) However, a quick fix is to just set the gloss layer to the generic no_gloss.dds that many of danrell's units use. I've done this, so you can just replace \Units\_Generic\JetFighter\Rafale\Rafale.gr2 with the one from the attached zip.

Attachments

• Rafale.zip
    98 KB · Views: 68
I would update you, but I'm getting that damn error where all the units are the generics. Happened when I first saw the graphics bug and tried to import one of the F4 graphics in. Didn't work though, don't know why, I did it many times successful.

The generics error also happens with a fresh mod install. (Straight from the .civ5mod folder.)

EDIT: Even though a fresh download, I'm still stuck with the generic graphics. Here's what my log had it in.

Spoiler Large, very larger Spoiler :
[60281.438] columns StrategicViewType, TileType are not unique
[60281.438] While executing - 'INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES(?,?,?)'
[60288.781] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[60288.796] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[60292.183] columns StrategicViewType, TileType are not unique
[60292.183] While executing - 'INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES(?,?,?)'
[60300.412]
-- SQLite Memory Statistics --
Memory Usage:
[Cur] [Max]
Malloc: 6323220 40879064
PageCache: 6 12
LookAside: 0 0
Scratch: 0 1

Static Buffer Overflows:
[TooLarge] [NoSpace]
PageCache: 5824480 33803460
Scratch: 0 0

Largest Allocations:
Malloc: 261120
PageCache: 1172
Scratch: 6376

Prepared Statements:
Current: 6
------------------------------
[60302.027]
Memory Usage:
[Cur] [Max]
Malloc: 6324400 40879064
PageCache: 6 12

Static Buffer Overflows:
[TooLarge] [NoSpace]
PageCache: 5825660 33803460

Largest Allocations:
Scratch: 6376

Prepared Statements:
Current: 6
[60374.020] Database::XMLSerializer (XML/Defines.xml): Duplicate <Set> elements are not allowed.
[60374.021] column Type is not unique
[60374.021] While executing - 'insert into GameSpeeds('Type', 'Description', 'Help', 'DealDuration', 'GrowthPercent', 'TrainPercent', 'ConstructPercent', 'CreatePercent', 'ResearchPercent', 'GoldPercent', 'GoldGiftMod', 'BuildPercent', 'ImprovementPercent', 'GreatPeoplePercent', 'CulturePercent', 'FaithPercent', 'BarbPercent', 'FeatureProductionPercent', 'UnitDiscoverPercent', 'UnitHurryPercent', 'UnitTradePercent', 'GoldenAgePercent', 'HurryPercent', 'InflationPercent', 'InflationOffset', 'ReligiousPressureAdjacentCi
[60374.021] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into GameSpeeds('Type', 'Description', 'Help', 'DealDuration', 'GrowthPercent', 'TrainPercent', 'ConstructPercent', 'CreatePercent', 'ResearchPercent', 'GoldPercent', 'GoldGiftMod', 'BuildPercent', 'ImprovementPercent', 'GreatPeoplePercent', 'CulturePercent', 'FaithPercent', 'BarbPercent', 'FeatureProductionPercent', 'UnitDiscoverPercent', 'UnitHurryPercent', 'UnitTradePercent', 'GoldenAgePercent', 'HurryPercent', 'InflationPercent', 'InflationOffset', 'ReligiousPressureAdjacentCity', 'VictoryDelayPercent', 'MinorCivElectionFreqMod', 'OpinionDurationPercent', 'SpyRatePercent', 'PeaceDealDuration', 'RelationshipDuration', 'IconAtlas', 'PortraitIndex') with values (GAMESPEED_HISTORIC, TXT_KEY_GAMESPEED_HISTORIC, TXT_KEY_GAMESPEED_HISTORIC_HELP, 30, 70, 100, 70, 70, 300, 70, 125, 70, 70, 70, 120, 120, 100, 70, 70, 70, 70, 80, 100, 45, -60, 90, 70, 70, 70, 50, 10, 50, GAMESPEED_ATLAS, 2, ).
[60374.021] In XMLSerializer while updating table GameSpeeds from file XML/RepaceGK.xml.
[60374.021] column Type is not unique
[60374.022] column Type is not unique
[60374.022] While executing - 'insert into GameSpeeds('Type', 'Description', 'Help', 'DealDuration', 'GrowthPercent', 'TrainPercent', 'ConstructPercent', 'CreatePercent', 'ResearchPercent', 'GoldPercent', 'GoldGiftMod', 'BuildPercent', 'ImprovementPercent', 'GreatPeoplePercent', 'CulturePercent', 'BarbPercent', 'FeatureProductionPercent', 'UnitDiscoverPercent', 'UnitHurryPercent', 'UnitTradePercent', 'GoldenAgePercent', 'HurryPercent', 'InflationPercent', 'InflationOffset', 'VictoryDelayPercent', 'IconAtlas', 'Portrai
[60374.022] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into GameSpeeds('Type', 'Description', 'Help', 'DealDuration', 'GrowthPercent', 'TrainPercent', 'ConstructPercent', 'CreatePercent', 'ResearchPercent', 'GoldPercent', 'GoldGiftMod', 'BuildPercent', 'ImprovementPercent', 'GreatPeoplePercent', 'CulturePercent', 'BarbPercent', 'FeatureProductionPercent', 'UnitDiscoverPercent', 'UnitHurryPercent', 'UnitTradePercent', 'GoldenAgePercent', 'HurryPercent', 'InflationPercent', 'InflationOffset', 'VictoryDelayPercent', 'IconAtlas', 'PortraitIndex') with values (GAMESPEED_HISTORIC, TXT_KEY_GAMESPEED_HISTORIC, TXT_KEY_GAMESPEED_HISTORIC_HELP, 30, 70, 100, 70, 70, 300, 70, 125, 70, 70, 70, 120, 100, 70, 70, 70, 70, 80, 100, 45, -60, 70, GAMESPEED_ATLAS, 2, ).
[60374.022] In XMLSerializer while updating table GameSpeeds from file XML/RepaceV.xml.
[60374.022] column Type is not unique
[60374.227] no such table: Civilizations_YagemStartPosition
[60377.532]
Memory Usage:
[Cur] [Max]
Malloc: 9390780 40879064
PageCache: 7 13

Static Buffer Overflows:
[TooLarge] [NoSpace]
PageCache: 8878320 33803460

Largest Allocations:
Scratch: 6904

Prepared Statements:
Current: 8
[60634.262] columns StrategicViewType, TileType are not unique
[60634.276] While executing - 'INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES(?,?,?)'
[60637.484] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[60637.505] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[60649.149]
Memory Usage:
[Cur] [Max]
Malloc: 8289152 42465744
PageCache: 6 13

Static Buffer Overflows:
[TooLarge] [NoSpace]
PageCache: 7778560 35761080

Largest Allocations:
Scratch: 6904

Prepared Statements:
Current: 8

The log is no help. Some other mod is causing all of the non-Firaxis errors (i.e., the ones starting with [60374.???] that mostly have to do with GameSpeeds).

Make sure you don't have multiple versions of the mod, and try deleting your cache. Note you'll have to re-enable all of your mods.

I'm using Extended Eras Mod v10. I have gone through 400+ turns with no errors/crashes, so it isn't a problem.

EDIT: Deleting the cache did nothing, I'm still getting the generic unit graphics.

Two issues I've noticed:
  • Roman Warriors have long bars shooting out of their heads
  • All city-state Composite Bowmen have the same problem.
I'm also using Nutty's version for vanilla scale if that affects anything.

Other than that this mod is brilliant. I'll post any other issues that I notice.

A few people have reported weird mesh explosions with certain units (French and Persian crossbowmen, etc.) I know Gedemon has swapped some units and disabled some in the R.E.D. Hotfix (Steam) (also linked on the first post of this thread).

You can try updating your video driver or switching from DX11 to DX9 or vice versa; but if I were you I'd just comment out the offending units from the appropriate SQL file (take a look at them, they're fairly self-explanatory).

I'm using Extended Eras Mod v10. I have gone through 400+ turns with no errors/crashes, so it isn't a problem.

EDIT: Deleting the cache did nothing, I'm still getting the generic unit graphics.

Okay, so for the hell of it and out of boredom I decided to see if I still got the generic bug on other civilizations. I guess it was that specific France map that got the bug because my first test map I loaded up had unique graphics to them.

So I am going to try out your R.E.D. Xtended mod but I came across a few problems that bother me a little. One is that when I made a test match to see the units in the game creation screen it looked like I could only pick one civilization (This time it was Morocco) but in advanced screen they all appeared. Secondly due to me extreme hatred for the Giant Death Robot I'm looking for the way to disable the upgrade to it from the main battle tank and the mechanized infantry but I don't appear to found that in the mod files. If I disable the unit completely in the core game files would that fix this? My last problem isn't a serious game breaker for me but is the ability to see invisible units automatically inputed in the submarine and missile cruiser/missile destroyer units?

EDIT: This is what I mean in the game creating screen.

Spoiler :

Love this mod. Does it work with added civs from mods? I literally have stayed away from mod civs because Civilization V without this mod makes me die inside.

Does it work with added civs from mods?
Some units will be specific to a region rather than a particular civ, so you will see some of those, but this tutorial explains how to customize which units are used if you want to, e.g., make a custom civ use the same set of units as one of the base civs.

Any feedback on MP use ?

Going to be testing this with my wife in hot seat - will let you know how it goes.

For the DLC civs however, the Inca, Babylon, Korea, Polynesia and Denmark do not show up as choices in hot seat menu with all the dlc active, while the other DLC civs do. Not sure if that is by design? I would assume that since the Inca and Spain come from the same DLC pack, they should both either be missing or be present?

the DLC civs however, the Inca, Babylon, Korea, Polynesia and Denmark do not show up as choices in hot seat menu
I'm pretty sure the DLC civs worked for me when I tried it (some time ago)...

I would assume that since the Inca and Spain come from the same DLC pack, they should both either be missing or be present?
Spain was added by Gods + Kings as well as the New World DLC. What a gyp, right?

I'm pretty sure the DLC civs worked for me when I tried it (some time ago)...

I am talking about the MP mod from post 899 - not sure if that is what you tried? Would love for all the DLC civs to be included in that - but I am not seeing them. Still going to give it a try though :)
My wife and I play hot seat a lot, and etnic units add a lot to the feel of the game. Tried the advanced menu mod with the normal R.E.D. modpack, and it was a bit glitchy in hot seat - so the MP mod pack is perfect for us.

So far though I have only played a few turns in some test games with the mp mod installed - just to make sure I had it setup right. Did have to make one change - I edited the XML to increase number of civs allowed on the maps. Works so far :)

Top Bottom