Gold Civs - Europe

Wyz_sub10

CIV Gold - Project Lead
This thread is for the discussion of Civilizations, Leaders, Unique Units, Unique Buildings, Music and Great People for European additions to CIV Gold:

Albania
Austria
Celts*
Croatia
Finland
Ireland
Lithuania
Magyar
Netherlands
Poland
Portugal
Romania
Scotland
Sweden
Ukraine
Vikings*

* non-Warlords versions only

R8XFT said:
Why not add the Picts to Civ Gold? I did a leaderhead in that pack of five you could use; alternatively, he could be used as an additional leaderhead for Scotland.

That would be fine by me. Do you have extra info - cities, unit, etc.? I saw your LHs and I liked Hector as well.

I added him as a 2nd Scotland LH (your talking about Calagus sp?) To go with Mary Stuart (give catherine louis XIV's hair and you got a generic english/french female monarch)

My opinion was that there are WAY to many "cultures" to each be represented without monumental overlapping.

I did the same thing with Charlemagne. I was going to add a Frankish kingdom, but the cities/lands were the same as the French and German cities (Franconia evolved into France). So I just made Charlemagne the 3rd leader for France.

If you have time, you should change Kekkonen´s leaderhead bald in Warlords version, coz now his LH looks hmm... ugly. Without hair it looks more realistic and much cooler.

Hitti-Litti said:
If you have time, you should change Kekkonen´s leaderhead bald in Warlords version, coz now his LH looks hmm... ugly. Without hair it looks more realistic and much cooler.

I'll put it on the "to-do" list. It depends on how well it turns out. Sometimes trying to remove something looks really awful.

gandhi rules said:
Sweden,
Leader:Gustaf Wasa, Karl XII

UU:Karolin

Music: Carl michael Bellman

UB: Hard,hard hard

For mor info and dis.:http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=146469

Great people is just so much scientists

Sweden is already included - Karl XII is the leader and Karolin is the UU. My proposal for a UB is a Hogskala but Amra has Riksbank in his mod that I may use.

Wyz_sub10 said:
I'll put it on the "to-do" list. It depends on how well it turns out. Sometimes trying to remove something looks really awful.

Well, it certainly doesn't look good right now. Check some pictures of Kekkonen from google.

Edit: Or you could make the hair same colour than skin and check does it look good that way.

I know how to do it but I lack the appropriate DDS plug-in for Corel Paint shop pro. Amra was going to add Armenia to his pack with Andranik, but he is taking a well deserved break. I'll see what I could do by converting it with DXT bmp. O yeah, and your Canada mod got mentioned in a magazine article. Why Canada mod and not Civ Gold?:confused: Strange.

Drtad said:
I know how to do it but I lack the appropriate DDS plug-in for Corel Paint shop pro. Amra was going to add Armenia to his pack with Andranik, but he is taking a well deserved break. I'll see what I could do by converting it with DXT bmp. O yeah, and your Canada mod got mentioned in a magazine article. Why Canada mod and not Civ Gold?:confused: Strange.

I use Jasc PSP, and I have a DDS plug-in. Wonder if it would work for Corel PSP?

In any case, you don't need the plug-in. DXTBmp will open the DDS as a BMP in whatever program you set it up to use. Then you just save it, refresh in DXT, and you're done.

I only ask because if you could start in the LH to some degree, it would help a lot. You may notice that I did add Armenia to the future additions list.

I'll take a crack at it. Successfully editted background, might be finished soon.

Alright, this is what I have so far, I am nearly complete. It doesn't really look like Andranik but I have to say it coming out much better than I expected. I should have it done soon, and I will upload it. My great great uncle is going to be animated in Civ4!:) And I have a question, once I upload it, is it possible for you to take the hat off? He did not really wear a hat like that.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0029.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0029.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 292
Andranik's favorite religion should be Christianity, and his favorite civic should be representation
I also think I can chip in for Armenian Great People Names.

Great Prophets:

St. Gregory (converted Armenian king Drtad III to Christianity, Armenia became the first Christian nation.)
St. Nareg
Drtad III(or Trdat, or Tiridates)
St. Mesrop Mashdots
Catholicos Khrimian Hayrig
More later...

Great Generals:

Hayk
Ardashes
Tigranes II
St. Vartan Mamikonian
Vahan Mamikonian
Ashot II Yerkat (the Iron=Yerkat)
Roupen
Levon II the Magnificent
Thoros I
Hethum I
Andranik Toros Ozanian
Movses Siligian
Serop Aghpiur
Kevork Chavoush

Great Engineers:

Catholicos Nerses III
I need to do some research

Great Scientists:

Artem Mikoyan
Boris Babayan
Karabet Chobanyan
Sergey Merbelian
Lili Sahakyan
Karen Manvelyan
Hagop Sanasaryan
Robert Nalbandian
Sergey Mergelyan

Great Artists:

Toros Roslin
Arno Babajanian
Aram Khatchaturian
Komitas Vartabed

I have done all I can do with Stalin to make him like Andranik. Here is the file.
I think all that should be done is, if possible, actually make his face more... Andranikish, and take that hat off.

Andranik

Top Bottom