New community for CivWorld teamplayers - Join up!

Guild is coming along nicely. We are currently 40 members and have our own forum. If you would like to join us, please send me a small application, as we are moving to invite only policy.

Like all facebook/browser empire-building games, your success is measured by how well exploit other people's stupidity/ignorance. Like all facebook/browser empire-building games, it sucks when a lot of them are in your nation/state/country/whatever. :(

I'm on my first game and somehow floundered my way to the top of the heap, but I guess an actual team-oriented endeavor sounds way more interesting. How are you managing to fit everyone though? 40 seems a tad high.

they fit kicking out good players like me out of nonsense invented stories by raging kid like JOHN GOODACRE

who first start flaming, insulting and telling stories on me and then make the leader of the guild kick me out of nothing

when i ask nicely BOTH the reason they deny any explaination

ofc cause there couldnt possibly be one, i did perfect in every situation

well i guess better lose such ppl and find them

I had heard of this, but couln't find a group on the official forums. I'm not even sure how I found this forum, but I am so glad I did. I was so ready to quit playing a game that I think is awesome... but couldn't find anyone to play with. Well besides my hubby... we come as a package deal btw. We are so frustrated in civs where people want wonders built but don't want to use their GPs... want tech but don't want to work together or discuss defense of the tech and wonders. etc.

We both play actively... at the very least logging in 2 times a day. Usually much much more, and will set an alarm to get in to focus on battles when necessary. I homeschool... the kids like the "recess".

We both have a lot to learn still... the more I read in forums the more I realize I don't understand yet :p But hey, I didn't want to play a mindless game after all lol

I don't know about the pming and whatnot, but you can find me on facebook with my email jordankat127@yahoo.com

now i'm off to browse the rest of the forum :)

...will set an alarm to get in to focus on battles when necessary.
I only set the alarm clock for special occasions :D, like when I've the feeling someone or team is cheating (using multiple accounts, etc).
Nothing gives more satisfaction than beating a cheating party.

I am currently in a game. But am more than interesting in joining a dedicated group. My facebook name is David Lam (shosty88@yahoo.com)

Just joined a game, but want to join up with this group. Facebook name is Dennis Yuan
facebook dot com/dennis.yuan

will send pm (actually needed this one more post to be able to pm)

I may be interested, but I think there needs to be a balance between being a total selfish noob who shoots his or herself in the foot, and being a total altruist. Somewhere there should be some sort of enlightened self-interest....

^^
After this weeks update, the winner only gets 25 civbucks, you can forget about teamplay.
Winning a contest will also give a civbuck.

I was wondering why all of these idiots were invading 1-2 people with 2 techs and 0 wonder. That's a sorry reason for putting all of your people's troops in jeopardy. 1 fame point and a promotion? That's hardly worth the risk. One group I was with did just that, and the 2 person empire they attacked retaliated and sold everything they had to buy troops and kicked our butts. Pretty risky behavior for little reward IMO.
Sounds like you might have been in a civ that attacked the civ my wife & I were in. We didn't sell anything but my wife won two auctions in a row. Namely get 1% of worlds gold and then turn 20% of gold into production. With her gold and saved production our civ had hundreds of thousands worth of production to build an army with!

i also came across people giving orders as king. I just told the guy to shut up unless he was going to help with the war we were in. He didn't say anything more!

I'd love to join but at the same time I have things to do in life outside of facebook so can only guarantee logging in twice daily thre days a week possible four. I can log on every day though and generally will stay on for at least an hour or more when I do log on. I try and be there for battles if at all possible.

You'd attack small civs as a solo nation to farm military medals for the 10-medal achievement, but that's hardly normal behavior/play.

I've enjoyed reading the other posts on this thread. And I'm glad to see so many friendly team-players for Civ World. I believe that as this game continues to progress, the devs will see the potential for encouraging teams as well as individuals to play this game. In the meantime, I've discovered that I don't even enjoy this game without the team atmosphere.

Please consider this my application. I can't pm yet because I just signed up for this forum expressly to reply to this thread.

I prefer playing in a team. Yes, I enjoy making points but not as much as communicating well with my teammates and achieving something together. I did play with a few teams here and there, but it would be great to have some kind of consensus about what type of game we wanted to play as a team before we started, for example: heavy production, low tech, battle-wins, or great-defenses high tech era wins, etc. It seems like in any game you need some people who are going to concentrate early on production, and I'm happy to do that, but can change to a different tactic when appropriate.

I almost quit the game because of something mentioned earlier in this thread, attacking little nations for one player's personal glory and because some people always have to have a battle. I enjoy a good battle that takes skill and attention, with wonders, technology or an era win at stake, but not because of personal glory, battle-hounds or just plain being a bully. When I was learning the game, I liked to just build and grow and discover, and I think that happens with a lot of new players. It seems like good etiquette or neighborliness to let those people be, as long as they aren't attacking others.

I also like watching the market and earning a little gold here and there. Nothing big so far, but nice moderate chunks. I will log into the game at least twice a day and when I have nothing else to do, I may put the game on while I'm watching tv and be available for voting, discussion, or team strategy.

Please add me to the team player list. Thank you so much for starting this. This is my gaming account which is separate from my personal account. I named it after one of my dogs who is now in Pet Heaven, Gracie Goodheart, Shih Tzu .facebook name: Gracie Hart

Very nice news :) !!

Some nice team and competition in perspective :D !

5 days to wait ... okay that's it hehe !!

Hi there :),

I was wondering, when does your group start a coming new game with dedicated peoples? one friend and I have now played several games, and we are motivated to play in more structured teams, with truly organized opponents :).

Ideally, the best would be to be 200 :). At the day of today, may we know how many persons are you :D ?

Cheers,

SolutOdka

Hey, we are now a bunch of friends who want to play with more people :).

How can I PM the coordinators of this CivWorld 'guild' :) ?

Top Bottom