Civ IV Diplomacy Features Mod

I will update the source code when I release another major patch. For now, the source code is slightly out of date. The two files out of date are CvDiplomacyAI.cpp and CvDealAI.cpp. Files available upon request.

It would be possible to include an option (Tech Trade without Tech Gift)?

In our last Game (before BnW), the AI gifts my Wife every few turns Tech,
that was too much for me.:lol:

It would be possible to include an option (Tech Trade without Tech Gift)?

In our last Game (before BnW), the AI gifts my Wife every few turns Tech,
that was too much for me.:lol:

I'll look into it.

Fantastic job! Diplomacy is the only glaring flaw in an otherwise frighteningly immersive game, and you've consistently risen to the task of fixing the big problems.

I do have one tentative concern: What do you think about the impact of Vassalage on Venice? I know very little about the details surrounding Vassalage, but I raise this point because I'm playing Venice right now and finding them to be INCREDIBLY powerful. Considering their "nothing but puppet cities" disadvantage, I wonder whether giving them another path to acquiring cities/territory/etc might tilt things even further in their favor?

Fantastic job! Diplomacy is the only glaring flaw in an otherwise frighteningly immersive game, and you've consistently risen to the task of fixing the big problems.

I do have one tentative concern: What do you think about the impact of Vassalage on Venice? I know very little about the details surrounding Vassalage, but I raise this point because I'm playing Venice right now and finding them to be INCREDIBLY powerful. Considering their "nothing but puppet cities" disadvantage, I wonder whether giving them another path to acquiring cities/territory/etc might tilt things even further in their favor?
This is big ********** (i don't know did i put correct number of stars but use imagination ).I like this mod but ... i don't like technology trading.Because when i entered in industrial era (i was first one) and again in modern era (again first ),all of AI's offered enormous amounts of gold per turn,luxuries,strategy resources,world maps.... everything (i think that sum was around 238 per turn when all of them bought industrialisation) and i don't know how much it was for other one (i know that i generate almost 800 gold per turn )... so i could not care less about caravans or worrying about gold or happiness or strategy resources ... because AI provide me everything.. more than i need.Don't you think you should nerf this a little bit (if its possible) ?

This is big ********** (i don't know did i put correct number of stars but use imagination ).I like this mod but ... i don't like technology trading.Because when i entered in industrial era (i was first one) and again in modern era (again first ),all of AI's offered enormous amounts of gold per turn,luxuries,strategy resources,world maps.... everything (i think that sum was around 238 per turn when all of them bought industrialisation) and i don't know how much it was for other one (i know that i generate almost 800 gold per turn )... so i could not care less about caravans or worrying about gold or happiness or strategy resources ... because AI provide me everything.. more than i need.Don't you think you should nerf this a little bit (if its possible) ?

You can disable technology trading in Advanced Options and add No Technology Brokering to the game. What else can I really do?

(what I can do is prevent the AI from valuing a technology past a certain point, but then I already know I'm going to be fielding "unfair!" complaints...keep an eye out for a future update to address this).

You can disable technology trading in Advanced Options and add No Technology Brokering to the game. What else can I really do?

(what I can do is prevent the AI from valuing a technology past a certain point, but then I already know I'm going to be fielding "unfair!" complaints...keep an eye out for a future update to address this).
But what about my question? :( I was complimentary and respectful and I used proper punctuation and ... and I was first and ... and ... and everything! ;) :king:

But what about my question? :( I was complimentary and respectful and I used proper punctuation and ... and I was first and ... and ... and everything! ;) :king:

What do you think about the impact of Vassalage on Venice? I know very little about the details surrounding Vassalage, but I raise this point because I'm playing Venice right now and finding them to be INCREDIBLY powerful. Considering their "nothing but puppet cities" disadvantage, I wonder whether giving them another path to acquiring cities/territory/etc might tilt things even further in their favor?

Vassalage probably won't affect Venice much until they start capitulating, but it may be unwise since Venice's advantage is GPT and Vassalage puts a dent on GPT.

Here the current Translate for 8.04 (missing German Files for changed Options).

This is my first post on this forums, so first i would like to say hi to all civ fanatics :)
Second, thanks Putmalk for this awesome mod :p. Now i have one question, after i make other civ my vassal, his territory is still covered in fog of war and his units are invisible, is it normal ? (in civilopedia description it says that i should be able to see my vassal territory)

In 8.04, i (Player 2) can trade "votes" without Spy.

Update Translate for 8.04 (de_DE_Text_Civilopedia.xml works again,
after you change "TXT_KEY_GAME_CONCEPT_SECTION_24"
to "TXT_KEY_GAME_CONCEPT_SECTION_26")

In 8.04, i (Player 2) can trade "votes" without Spy.

Update Translate for 8.04 (de_DE_Text_Civilopedia.xml works again,
after you change "TXT_KEY_GAME_CONCEPT_SECTION_24"
to "TXT_KEY_GAME_CONCEPT_SECTION_26")

Thanks! (can I get a screenshot of player 2)

My Spy:
Spoiler :

No Diplomat:
Spoiler :

I can buy votes:
Spoiler :

I can also trade my vote every Civ, but I have already sold.

Are those civs your vassals, by any chance?

Top Bottom