Heroes of Might and Wisdom

ChangeLog V3:
Fix Bug that Mod data cache not cleaned when return to Main Menu
Custom Civilizations now get random Heroes at start instead of no Heroes
No Curses and Poisonous damage for confusion
Can work with really advanced setup now
Add text prompt for savage leech
Add notification and button animation when Hero ready for new talents
Unit have a chance to recover from burning/confused each turn based on their Wisdom
Tavern button at top panel moved to a better place to resolve conflict with other MOD
Add Show/Hide Buttons for Ability Panel
Add detailed change log in Civilopeida Homepage
Replace Hereos for Denmark, Shoshone, Morocco, Russia, Arabia, Ottoman and Brazil (thanks to Jango34, The Omniscience and Havelock Vetinari for providing new Heroes)
Improve english text (thanks to HiddenSquire to help rewrite most text)

First off, great mod!

Playing V3 as Poland as a new game and I can't see the list of Heroes I have hired. In the tavern, I can see the list of available heroes, but when I click on Heroes Hired, the field is blank, even though I have hired Helen Hirsch. I COULD see this list when running V2.

Edit: It could have been due to the fact that I was using a custom map, as when I started a different game using no other mods, everything worked as intended.

First off, great mod!

Playing V3 as Poland as a new game and I can't see the list of Heroes I have hired. In the tavern, I can see the list of available heroes, but when I click on Heroes Hired, the field is blank, even though I have hired Helen Hirsch. I COULD see this list when running V2.

Edit: It could have been due to the fact that I was using a custom map, as when I started a different game using no other mods, everything worked as intended.

Maybe that's due to the change of UI in V3
If you can use live tuner, can you post a lua log here, I'll check what's wrong

Epic, here is the LUA file you requested from the problem I am having on the steam forums.

Thanks

Attachments

• Junshi LUA.txt
    7.8 KB · Views: 85
ChangeLog V3:

Add notification and button animation when Hero ready for new talents

Cool the only thing I saw lacking now, course in my real first game I could only manage 4 heroes budget-wise for most of the game (bought 2 more just before Archeology)...

Yes great mod.. still trying to decide what's over-powered, but heroes's abilities dont' seem too unbalanced so far (even with 2 heroes decked out in full magic-level gear).. maybe I should try with raging barbs next, that ought to be a blast!

Congratulations on the great mod. One problem: The version I got from Steam was v.2, and it didn't work. I came back and downloaded it here. It was v.3, and it works fine.

questions: I have 2 heroes that have the unit promotion flashing on the right side of the screen each turn. How do you upgrade the unit. I am able to upgrade the talents, or buy artifacts. And what happens to artifacts you fine from ruins are they auto equipped, go to a storage, lost if duplicated?

Great Mod.

questions: I have 2 heroes that have the unit promotion flashing on the right side of the screen each turn. How do you upgrade the unit. I am able to upgrade the talents, or buy artifacts. And what happens to artifacts you fine from ruins are they auto equipped, go to a storage, lost if duplicated?

Great Mod.

Hero upgrade with talents instead of promotions, the promotion flashing is popup by dll code, I can't figure out how to hide that now
for artifacts, they upgrade to a higher level

Updated to the latest version, and now I'm not getting artifacts or a popup box from barb camps, nor am I getting a popup from ruins with regular units.

Attachments

• Lua.txt
    52.5 KB · Views: 85
Heroes of Might and Wisdom ChangeLog V5:

When get random artifact, will grant artifacts best for the hero class more often
Fix bug for no artifacts from barb camp and goody
+5 influence from city-states when kill barbs nearby with skill/spell
Hero get free surivivalism promotions from Endurance talents
Experience of spells reduced by 50%

Change lots of lua functions to XML configurations
Add some LuaEvents that other MODs can use

Replace some Heroes and the credits are:
Thanks Deepdblood for German Hero
Thanks Havelock Vetinari for Brazil Hero
Thanks Mdeancherry for America Hero

Heroes of All Stars ChangeLog V3
Add 5 more races from Diablo and Warcraft, now the MOD is ready
Complete all the policies
Completed 10 races now :
Terran, Zerg, Protoss
High Heavens, Sanctuary, Burning Hells
Night Elf, Lordaeron, Orc and Undead

ChangeLog V6:
Greatly reduce difficulty
Add Hero Upkeep, for each Era, you got 1 extra free Hero
Heroes can upgrade to air/navy units now ( there may still be bug with some abilities )
Might/Wisdom increase by 1 for each Era of the Unit Type
Spell experience back to 4
Auto show/hide hero ability panel and tavern header tooltip
Can quick select Hero by clicking hero icon at tavern header tooltip
Add a config UI that you can change AI level bonus and Hero Upgrade price

All Stars MOD ChangeLog V4:
Add a new Race : The Dominion, good at building wonder and can only found one city
Fix bug that Lich King kill unit in city cause crash
Fix bug that supply depot don't have food trade route
Fix bug that capture militia crash the game
Reduce requirements for Shamanism and Khala promotions
Add custom music for all races, thanks for Leugi's tutorial

Soundtracks are from Starcraft I, Diablo II and Warcraft III.

Please I beg you. Put the link for Heroes of All Stars V4 because steam workshop is a pain. I want to try It so hard.

It works. Thanks men I thought no one wold help. I am really overjoyed.

Hey the mod is great, two things though:

1) First let me copy something I posted on the tech support:

Spoiler :
I have run into a little bit of a problem and I'm not sure what's causing it. Never experienced it before. I have been using trade routes succesfully until some time in the Medieval Age. Then after one of the ships returned and I tried reselecting the trade route it wouldn't let me. I click the target city and the "Accept" button and I even hear the little "bing" sound but the ship doesn't move still waiting for orders. I had to destroy all my trade units because this wasn't working. Also the Available Trade Routes screen is behaving weirdly, showing no routes sometimes, then showing Routes that aren't available, etc.

I thought I'd just finish the game without the trade then even though it bothered me. Now I've reached the Rennaissance and got my first spy and I seem to have a problem that is connected to the other one. In the Espionage screen the city list is empty (both mine and the all cities list). I cannot click the "move" button on my spy therefore he's useless to me...

I thought I'd repost here. Do you think this could have anything to do with your mod? I know it probably doesn't even touch trade and espionage, right? But I have never encountered this problem before I installed your mod (used a bunch of other mods just fine, yours is the only "new" one).

2) That's actually a suggestion. Shouldn't legendary items be something special? I thought it rather weird that you can buy them in the store and get inferior items from antiquity sites. Would it be possible to limit the store to the magical item level so you could only get normal and magical items there if you want to "quickstart" a new hero and can afford it (maybe should even be a bit more expensive) and then get unique items only from antiquity sites and have a random factor built into the adventure that sometimes you'd get a legendary item instead of a unique? I think this would make then feel much more valuable, dunno if this random chance would even work.

Anyway great work on this mod, thank you a lot!

I loved it. It's an incredible work. But the lack off Civ in hero off all star annoy me. Can someone manage a way to put the default civ too? It wold be perfect if we cold combo with the skyrim mod. The normal mod does combo with the skyrim mod. They give random heroes for the civ but when I try to use the heroes off all start they take off skyrim civs. Any help wold be good.

@wzyas
the reason I disable the default civs is, the new races in all stars are much more powerful then the default civs, let them in one game will break the balance
but I'll add more races in future, plan to make 16 races in total

@TheLastDays
this mod didn't modify spy and trade route, but you can check if there is a LUA bug in this mod by fire a bug report here, follow the insctructions of IGE:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=10812084&postcount=2
then post your LUA log here, I'll check if there is a bug in this MOD

I found the problem already. It was another mod that apparently got broken in the patch. Yours is fine it seems ;)

Any comment about my input on the artifacts?

the legendary artifacts are very expensive, you can only take a look at them in the shop, the best way to get them is through combat, but taking down strong AI heroes

I think the current setting is ok, low level aritfacts from adventure, and high level artifacts from your enemy, it's simple and easy to implement, don't want use a more complex one

Except the enemy heroes you could get them from only drop them if you kill them with skills, and all but the mages are immune to skills!

Top Bottom