Questions about strange game situations...

Laurwin

Prince
1. does worker unit upkeep lower itself, if worker goes into tradition oligarchy policy city?

2. does oligarchy policy lower naval unit maintenance, if naval unit sleeps inside city?

3 does oligarchy lower air unit maintenance?

4. do naval, land, and air units heal at faster rate inside city tile?

5. do the air units stationed on aircraft carrier, heal at faster rate if carrier simply sails into a city to sleep?

6. does submarine in same tile, stop great admiral from being killed by "move order" of enemies?

7. does minuteman unique unit ignore fallout movement malus from nuclear blast?

8. What determines, who in fact, discovers world congress? (it has something to do with scouting other civs but it's unclear still to me)

9. can you "raze" city states with nuclear missiles?

10. If you repair uranium mine tile improvement, with fallout, do you receive uranium "in the bank" so to speak? (does fallout prevent the acquisition of uranium with fallout, or not?)

4. Yes.
8. You have to discover each civ and researched the printing press tech

Not sure about the others

6. Yes; if an enemy unit tries to move there and doesn't see the submarine, they will enter melee combat with the sub instead (even if it's a battleship, which tend to take a lot of damage from doing it).

9. No, nuclear missiles will not delete a capital or a city-state that is low on population.

10. Fallout removes the terrain yield (i.e. the 1 food 1 hammer from plains) while pillage removes the bonus from improvement. If you repair the pillage but not the fallout I'm pretty sure you'll regain the benefit of the resource, though of course it won't have the full tile yield back.

What I would like to know is if two civilizations have printing press but don't know each other yet, but the next turn they find each other (all civilizations are founded from both too) who will be the leader?

Good question! I'm guessing it'd be the civ whose turn it is, though I can't confirm that.

What I would like to know is if two civilizations have printing press but don't know each other yet, but the next turn they find each other (all civilizations are founded from both too) who will be the leader?

the civ that discovered the other one first will get the leadership. it is turn-based, remember. so whoever turn comes first.

So that would imply that in a multiplayer simultaneous game it would be the host who would found the World Congress, if anyone was wondering.

please answers for questions 2-5, if there are any knowledgable people out there!

The thing about the aircraft carrier is this, think about it in terms of comparing which one is fastest time for healing bombers and fighters.

Either in city?

Or in friendly borders ocean, aboard aircraft carrier?

Also, do fighters/bombers aboard aircraft carrier, heal at same rate, if they are in enemy territory or neutral territory, if compared to friendly borders territory?

iirc, healing rate is double in your borders, and +5 in cities. I'm not sure about carriers, but I don't think they confer that same bonus as cities. I think the fastest possible healing is in cities, with a medic unit adjacent to it.

please answers for questions 2-5, if there are any knowledgable people out there!

The thing about the aircraft carrier is this, think about it in terms of comparing which one is fastest time for healing bombers and fighters.

Either in city?

Or in friendly borders ocean, aboard aircraft carrier?

Also, do fighters/bombers aboard aircraft carrier, heal at same rate, if they are in enemy territory or neutral territory, if compared to friendly borders territory?

It's almost always faster to heal someone where they are.

If your warrior is at 60 health and you have to move once to get back to your city, that's 4 turns spent healing and getting back to where you were. Break-even to heal where he is.

If he's at 20 health and 2 turns from your borders, it's 4 turns moving there and back + 4 healing, so you might as well heal where he is.

If your unit is at 1 health outside your city, and you heal where you are: 5 turns. Moving into the city tile, healing and moving back out: 6 turns.

Same thing applies to flying a unit from a carrier to a city to heal. (It's *never* worth it)

Related question: Can anyone confirm whether Faith Healers confers +30 healing to March?

The queastion about the aircraft carrier, with bombers on it, and friendly coastal city is still relevant though.

Let's add into the situation a medic land unit, fortified in coastal city

-Carrier with hurt bombers sails into coastal city tile, and sleep command the aircraft carrier (there is NO rebasing bombers, the bombers simply move into the same tile as coastal city, together with the carrier)

-medicI promoted land unit is fortified in coastal city tile.

Presumably, the bombers would heal, at the same rate as though they were inside friendly borders.

BUT, add on top of that, the medicI healing bonus from fortified land unit effects positively the bomber healing and possibly aircraft carrier healing?

Medic in adjacent tile will heal planes and the carrier. And if not already answered, ships will heal +5 HP when inside the city.

Top Bottom