Adding new Resolutions for the World Congress

Krajzen

Deity
Hi all,
this is not "help me" thread - yet :p - but it is really baffling for me that I haven't seen any mod which adds more resolutions. Such interesting feature, and nobody tried expanding that? Well, there are TWO mods adding new Resolutions -XCOM Initiative and Cure for Cancer, but both of them are International Project; also, in the past I have seen mod which added two "normal" resolutions (direct military embargo on chosen civ and Relief Package, +40gpt, for chosen civ) but unfortunately I forgot to try that and it was deleted :l

My questions:
1) Is adding new resolutions so difficult (hardcoded or something) that nobody tried that? :p
2) ...if it is possible, well, can somebody tell me how to do that? Yeah I know basic modding and I have created few mods in XML (with graphics and sounds), but I am interested if adding Resolutions to WC is possible to do only with XML or I would have to do that in Lua ;)
3) ...if it is possible to do only using Lua, can anybody make little guide how to do that? I haven't seen a single one guide or thread about adding Resolutions to WC. And I don't mean International Projects or yet another mod forbidding WC/making it appear sooner, no, my main question is:

How to add new, "normal", custom Resolutions to WC, make them work... And make AI using them? :p
(for example, resolution called "Humanity Repopulation Project which increases growth in all cities by +15%?)
(Advanced Crazy Level: resolution "Humanitarian Aid" which helps chosen civ, but World Congress can choose only one of the weakest civs for that)

Any suggestions? ;)

BTW, I did extremely simple, experimental congress mod which makes Historical Landmarks giving not +2/+4 but +4/+8 culture and it worked perfectly :p But I have greater ambitions :p

Adding new resolutions isnt that hard.
We use f.e in CCTP a lot new created Resolutions.
You can can implement some nice mechanics, but if you would like to add more functions to Resolutions then the vanilla mechanics allows, then you need to start and add some lua functions to this.
By granting a building/wonder to the winner you can do f.e. a lot of features from the building table.

Edit:
For your Population suggestion you can use already created lua functions....

Top Bottom