Bug Reports

When Barbary Corsair attacks it gives points for great general emergence. The problem with this is that it reveals (to human players) whose it is. Also, related to this, I can't recall how Barbary Corsair is reported to be built, but it should never state who built it, only that it has been built (this information would go to anyone building the unit anyway).

Not really a bug I don't think, but one of the screenshots on the download page has a Sevopedia with an LoR Concepts section. I don't have this, I just have standard BTS concepts instead. I've only just downloaded this and I wanna learn about kthe concepts.:)

Not really a bug I don't think, but one of the screenshots on the download page has a Sevopedia with an LoR Concepts section. I don't have this, I just have standard BTS concepts instead. I've only just downloaded this and I wanna learn about kthe concepts.:)

You must have downloaded an old version. The LoR concepts went in as of 0.9.3, previous versions don't have it.

When Barbary Corsair attacks it gives points for great general emergence. The problem with this is that it reveals (to human players) whose it is. Also, related to this, I can't recall how Barbary Corsair is reported to be built, but it should never state who built it, only that it has been built (this information would go to anyone building the unit anyway).

Not a bug. This is exactly the same way privateers are. Also the Barabary is a legend, it'll tell everyone who built it. Not a bug, it's working as the game is designed.

I know it is as designed, but I'm questioning whether this is logically correct. Privateers are a different story, everyone can have them so it is far harder to know who owns which one. If you fight a human player with the Barbary Corsair, he knows it is you. It renders advantages of the unit null and void: if you build it, you can't use it. The unit works in solo play only.

Great job on the mod Phungus and all! I've been lurking since you started the original LoR thread, and have been impressed with your vision and efforts.

Quick question: has the random events bug introduced with 3.19 been quashed, or are some of the quest events still broken?

Thanks, and keep up the great work.

There are still issues in some events. glider has tracked these down to interdependency issues, the main event you'll see the bug in is herbalist event, where if you pick the option to recieve bonus health at the cost of happiness, the bonus health never fires. Anyway there are 300 events and 8 of them are currently bugged.

Thanks for the quick reply. Do you ever sleep?

The unit balance changes made so far are working very well and the AI is making good use of them. Twice last night I had two minor tribe AI's send mixed stacks at me that in standard BTS would have been a joke. One of the stacks was 4 chariots, 2 spears and 2 rams. Normally I would have wiped them out with few losses. Instead, with the changes to axemen, I had to do some major whipping and still barely kept them from taking my capital. I ended up losing at least 2 axes, a spear and 4 chariots trying to fend them off.

The only issue I'm seeing is an over-reliance on rams on the part of the AI. They will often move in with a stack sufficient to take a city, but instead will park and spend too long bombarding, even if the city has only 20% defense. If they'd just attack straight out, I would have lost at least a city, probably two. Instead, the rams are giving me too long to bring in reinforcements and ultimately defeat them. Any thoughts that maybe the early advent of rams are actually hamstringing the AI?

Thanks for the quick reply. Do you ever sleep?

The unit balance changes made so far are working very well and the AI is making good use of them. Twice last night I had two minor tribe AI's send mixed stacks at me that in standard BTS would have been a joke. One of the stacks was 4 chariots, 2 spears and 2 rams. Normally I would have wiped them out with few losses. Instead, with the changes to axemen, I had to do some major whipping and still barely kept them from taking my capital. I ended up losing at least 2 axes, a spear and 4 chariots trying to fend them off.

The only issue I'm seeing is an over-reliance on rams on the part of the AI. They will often move in with a stack sufficient to take a city, but instead will park and spend too long bombarding, even if the city has only 20% defense. If they'd just attack straight out, I would have lost at least a city, probably two. Instead, the rams are giving me too long to bring in reinforcements and ultimately defeat them. Any thoughts that maybe the early advent of rams are actually hamstringing the AI?

I've seen this effect too. In my last game, Sumeria was minor for a freakishly long time and they ended up sieging 3 of my cities that they could have taken easily long enough for me to get Sacred Band built and move him around to destroy all of their stacks.

Heyo, I'm having this problem with Legends of Revolution and some other mods so this may be something to do with my computer rather than the mod itself...but I'm computer illiterate so who knows? :)
Basically I click on the shortcut on the desktop and the game appears to be loading. I then receive a message that says the game has stopped working. These are the details-roblem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Civ4BeyondSword.exe
Application Version: 3.1.3.1
Application Timestamp: 48317e8a
Fault Module Name: CvGameCoreDLL.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a484b00
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000691e0
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: eb4b
Additional Information 2: f0ba61663ed0456e746fa8052330fe73
Additional Information 3: 2c86
Additional Information 4: a8ade3c126508b1d579e6ad0921565fc

ah ok that's the problem. I ran the in-game update and assumed it patched. I look forward to playing the amazing mod. Thanks a lot!

I know it is as designed, but I'm questioning whether this is logically correct. Privateers are a different story, everyone can have them so it is far harder to know who owns which one. If you fight a human player with the Barbary Corsair, he knows it is you. It renders advantages of the unit null and void: if you build it, you can't use it. The unit works in solo play only.

Historically, the Barbary Corsair wasn't strictly speaking a pirate, or even a privateer, but a war ship in it's own right. The world at large knew to whom it belonged. Barbary Corsairs were given a "bad rap" because, in addition to being war ships, they were privateers of opportunity. If a merchantmen, or even a smaller warship, of a rival nation (whether they were at war or not) happened in their path they would attack in the fashion of a pirate.
So for game play, as it is set up now, this is historically accurate. You don't need to be at war to attack an opponents ships, but if you do everyone will know it was you ;)

Historically, the Barbary Corsair wasn't strictly speaking a pirate, or even a privateer, but a war ship in it's own right. The world at large knew to whom it belonged. Barbary Corsairs were given a "bad rap" because, in addition to being war ships, they were privateers of opportunity. If a merchantmen, or even a smaller warship, of a rival nation (whether they were at war or not) happened in their path they would attack in the fashion of a pirate.
So for game play, as it is set up now, this is historically accurate. You don't need to be at war to attack an opponents ships, but if you do everyone will know it was you ;)

Yeah its historically accurate. But Merri is more concerned with the gameplay aspect of it. Hes thinking along the lines that the Corsair is an uber-privateer. And noone is supposed to know who owns a privateer regardless of attacking or anyhting else. So even if the Corsair attacks the opponent should only know that the Corsair attacked it and not that you own it. So it goes along with what you are saying too. But in the end I dont suppose it matters much, as everyone is always at war with privateers. And the AI isnt setup to hold grudges (diplo hits) when concerning privateer because they are supposed to be anonymous. It does slightly matter more in multiplayer, as the human is set up to hold grudges, but they were probaly going to attack you anyway regardless of you having the Corsair.

This mod is awesome, and adds a lot of flavor to the game.

A couple of minor issues:

Although Catherine is selected as the Russian leader, Stalin's leaderhead shows up.

Some leaders have no welcome message when you meet them the first time. Bolivar, for instance.

Although Catherine is selected as the Russian leader, Stalin's leaderhead shows up.
I"m not fully clear on what you mean here. Could you be more specific, ie could you give me directions on how to replicate the bug?

Some leaders have no welcome message when you meet them the first time. Bolivar, for instance.
I will write in diplo text for all leaders either for 0.9.5 or for the release after. This is on my list. Basically the game uses default text for diplo when none is specified, however for some reason it doesn't pull the default text for greatings, which seems odd to me, but the new leaders need unique diplo text anyway.

Okay, more specific: I play on a scenario map with predefined civilizations and leaders. Catherine is the predefined leader for the Russian civ in that game. Her name shows up in the game, but when I meet her, she turns out to be Stalin, with his leaderhead and all of Stalin's dialogue. The name listed in the heading above him is still Catherine.

The scenario map is the one following Legends, by the way. The uppermost one on the scenario list.

:hmm: OK, will look into that, thanks for the report. I need to fix the World War Wolf Scenario as well. Just be aware these are low priority fixes, probably will be one of the last things I do. But they will be done, and thanks for the report, without it, it probably never would have been fixed :)

Thanks. :)

Playing now with Peter preselected as the Russian leader. Can't wait to meet him and find out if he is Catherine in disguise. ;)

Top Bottom