MP Mod Manager

Empty trade window bug is gone with new patch, good job.

DLC differences do cause problems now, but that's easy to fix on the user end by manually disabling any differences.

It's coming along pretty nicely.

Thanks for this! Some of my favourites had sql so can't use them, but a bunch of others without work fine. :)

We tested a few games, your mod loader works great!
Only strange thing that happened in team games against AI if i recall correctly:
Everyone gets the same offer from opponent Team, whoever clicks first can agree to trade embassy for gold per turn, if second and third player agrees, they only give away their gold for nothing;
Not a big problem as long as you communicate who in your team should make the treaties, might not even be important enough to bother with a fix.

Any rough idea how much time/effort it would take to make sql mods playable?

Is there way to merge dlls? I'd like to play activa AI with civ 4 diplomatic features.

Hello i just downloaded this and have been testing. It works great but a few mods don't work correctly. Wonder race is bugged as in it wont let you exit the dialog box at the begging of the game and the Music Changer mod doesn't work at all. Any tips to get these working or can they work at all?

Forgive me if this is a total newbie question, but I didn't see this mentioned anywhere in the thread and I'm not exactly sure what "modifies game data" means.

Does this workaround support custom civilizations? I've created two that work fine in solo play but I was hoping to get to play on LAN with a friend, each of us playing as one of the new civs.

Thanks!

Forgive me if this is a total newbie question, but I didn't see this mentioned anywhere in the thread and I'm not exactly sure what "modifies game data" means.

Does this workaround support custom civilizations? I've created two that work fine in solo play but I was hoping to get to play on LAN with a friend, each of us playing as one of the new civs.

Thanks!

Easiest way to see is to try out the mod manager for yourself, lol. Once you start it up you'll see a list of supported and unsupported mods among those you've installed. Theoretically that would be possible, I've tried it with civ mods, unless you've done some technical stuff with lua or dll that I don't know anything about. (Since I don't mod..) Either way, open the mod manager up, and it'll tell you.

This is awesome. Keep up the good work ! Exactly what the community needs right now !

Question -- will this work, theoretically, with big conversions, like:
[Faerun and HitM2]
Theoretically, but at the moment, you'll have to convert the SQL to XML.

Have you tried Gedemon's MPMP Maker for converting mods to fake DLC?

SQL Support will still take a while.
At the moment I'll fix some bugs with my MP AI Mod.
Then I'll implement mod and savegame management (You'll then only see compatible save games after launching civ. Perhaps you can even load your save out of the mod manager).
If those work. I'll implement SQL Support.

I really really hope that i can play MP Faerun mod with this one day. : )

Good work! ^^

I am so excited about this mod manager! Something I've wanted Firaxis to do for a long time.

I have one question though: being a newb at mods, how can I tell whether or not a mod changes lua, sql, dll, or any of that other stuff?

A friend and I started a game today with this mod manager. We used 22 mods, including:

All of Bloublou's "Utility" Collection (except for No Futuristic Units) - 20
Unit Path Viewer - 1
City Limits - 1

66 turns in and no problems yet.

Would this work with the official scenarios included in the DLC's such as "American civil war", "Fall of Rome", "Scramble for Africa", etc?

Probably a really idiot thing to say, BUT I noticed that Gedemon had a seemingly working SQL-XML conversion method. Is there any way to patch this is while you try to get SQL working?

Top Bottom