Cannot get my mod to work, Newbie help!

shocky27

Chieftain
So I have created a City State mod that adds several new city states to the game. I created a similar mod once before, but my hard drive crashed and I had to make a new one. I had no problem with it months ago.

But now, I have completed this mod, and it just will not work. I have gone through the text several times to spot any possible error, no luck. The mod shows up in the list for mods available to enable, but when I go to World Builder Scenario Editor, my new CS's do not appear. I have gone through the text and removed any strange characters (like ç or ä).

My question, besides how to fix this problem, is are there any special characters that, if used, would cause the mod to not work? I have tried to search around for a similar problem, but have only found someone discussing this topic once and he said he resolved the issue but did not state how.

Weird characters - as long as you only use them in the text, not sure about within actual XML coding - will simply be omitted from the text in-game, they won't make the game crash.

As for how to fix your problem...
whoward69 said:
Trying to guess what you may or may not have done based on your descriptions is nigh on impossible. Please zip your mod (the one in the MODS sub-directory, not the ModBuddy project) and attach it to your post so we can read the actual files.
Enabling logs
Attaching mods

Top Bottom