FfH2 0.40 Changelog

What do the flag marks on the scenario screen mean? Is that like the last chapter of a single story being told out?

The Clan of Embers champion takes 12% damage and then fights the Bannor champion as normal.

Seems to be obvious that defensive strikes happen before combat. And really, what point would they be if they happened afterwards?

Actually, allowing them afterward could be interesting as a seperate mechanic. It wouldn't be defensive strikes then, but rather vengeance strikes, making it so that a battle can end with both units dead.

Sounds interesting! I love the barbarian changes, and the building consolidations. The defensive strike idea for improving (primarily) archery units is excellent. I cannot wait! I just hope my computer can run the scenarios.

edit: Also, it occurs to me that changing the Guardsman promotion to add a small amount to defensive strike, as well as always block the Marksman promotion first, would be a nice change. >_>

The defensive strikes sound quite cool, but I have some questions about them:
1. Will the defensive strikes of your enemy be included in the winning probabilities of your attacking units?
2. Do defensive strikes trigger multiple times for multiple archers? So if you have 10 archers each with drill I+II (40% chance of 20% damage) will 4 archers do 80% damage to the unit or just 1 archer 20% damage?
3. How shall I understand the damage percentage? Does a unit with 10% defensive strike damage deal 10% damage of his own combat/defensive strength or 10% of the enemy units strength or by which factors will the damage be determined?

These changes look excellent, though as at least one other person has pointed out, I'm really going to miss the breweries with the Khazad; they were my go-to for ofsetting the vault mechanic when I was low on gold.

Is there any chance that it can be worked out that minor leaders are available for Multiplayer? I'd enjoy playing on teams from the same civilization.

2. Do defensive strikes trigger multiple times for multiple archers? So if you have 10 archers each with drill I+II (40% chance of 20% damage) will 4 archers do 80% damage to the unit or just 1 archer 20% damage?
3. How shall I understand the damage percentage? Does a unit with 10% defensive strike damage deal 10% damage of his own combat/defensive strength or 10% of the enemy units strength or by which factors will the damage be determined?

Only 1 defensive strike per combat, the archer with the highest defensive strike strength who succeeded his roll does it.

10% of the attacker's strength - (attacker's defense)*2 - (attacker's level)*2

Both are in the last paragraph of Kael's first post.

Though I wonder: what defensive strength is used? Attacker's current defensive strength, or attacker's max defensive strength?

The Defensive Strikes look very interesting, and may be the boost the Archery line needs. A quick question, though. Does Defensive Strike replace First Strike, or does it complement First Strike?

Top Bottom