strategy advice wanted

Hey all,

firstly I think I'll give some background info then I'll ask where I should go from where I am...

Version - Warlords
Modpack - Modified version of the revolution modpack.
Civ/Leader combo - Ottomans/Mehmed II
Map type - terra
year - circa 1700
# civs - 14 to start with on old world, ofwhich 11 currently survive. 3 New world civs and 3 (I think) other civs in the old world that had revolted and formed reletively minor civs.
Modpack other notes - Religions spread alot slower, its about 25% confucius, 15% Jewish, 15% Christian, the others are about 5% each. Also, there is a limit to how many missionairies can be built worldwide - for Confusianism the limit is 2 for the whole game, one already used. For others the amount is different. Later religions spread faster and can build more missionairys. Musket units have strength 10. Knights available with Theology and Feudalism. Numerous trait changes, too many there to explain...

Notes on the other (relevent) civs
America (Washington) - New world civ, mostly medieval techs, no religion
Zulu (Shaka) - New world civ, have gunpowder, no religion
Egypt (Ramesses) - New world civ, mostly medieval techs, no religion
India (Asoka) - Old world civ spawned from Japan (who they then eliminated). One city, I share a border with them. Only recently got gunpowder, potential place to conquest...no religion
Korea (Wang Kon) - Potential ally for future wars, good relations. Won't join in my current war however. Technologically up to date. Religion - Confucius
China (Qin Shi Huang) - Current ally in a war against Russia. We share techs often (historically the two most advanced) however the long war has taken its toll on our tech advantage. Is the only other old world civ to have a colony in the new world. Religion - Confucius
Persia (Cyrus) - Potential threat, hard to read into. Technologically up to date. Shares a border with the former German Empire. Religion - Taoism
Russia (Catherine) - Long-term threat. Eliminated Germany early in the game, got massive land area and pop as a result has been about double everyone elses score for most of the game. Originally declared war against me, took Beijing at one point but didn't hold it. Recently Germany was "liberated" from Russian rule by me. Technologically backward and they are clearly loosing the war. Only recenrly got gunpowder but the army is still largely medieval. Relgion - christian but about 1/2 of the pop is Christian, 1/4 Jewish and 1/4 Confusius. There has only been one city that dared to revolt however, the revolt was promptly put down however.
Spain (Isabella) - Conquered Rome and thus have quite abit of land area and pop. Long-term concern. Shares a border with Russia. Relgion Judaism though Buddhism is present. Technologically up to date
Vikings (Ragnar) - Small civ, Jewish, borders Spain and Russia but no help in wars. Technologically up to date. Relgion - Jewish
France (Napoleon) - Some concern, recently conquered England. Border with Russia but is being owned culturally to such an extent that some cities are under threat. Historically Buddhist but recently converted to Confusianism. Potential long-term ally ? Technologically ok but not great...
Carthage (Hannibal) - Lost their captial early, Utica is their only city and is landlocked. Former Vassal of Catherine, recently broke free of her rule but capitulated to me in peace negotiations. Religion Islam, Technologically ok...

Now more on my civ and the war with Russia
Originally Russia declared war on me before I (or anyone) had Gunpowder. Knights had been brought forward in the tech tree, so they had alot of them. They came close to capturing the front line and holy city of Edirne however had to retreat after China joined the war. I soon had gunpowder and began owning them with Janissaries (I've lost 9, but they have killed 50+ knights, 20+ war elephants, 20+ maceman, 20+ trebuchets/catapults, you get the picture). They took Beijing at one point however didn't hold it. It took quite some time before I mustered an army large enough to drive them from China though. 3 Great generals later and I had captured Berlin and Hamburg. Of the 3 only 1 survives - a Janissary with +75% strength and +25% vs mounted (ontop of Janissarys normal bonuses). The main arguement to continue the war is to ensure Russia never threatens me again, whether that be conquering it myself or trying to put the country into civil war (long war = unhappyness + raze "happy" resources). However, I'm currently generating +11 unhappyness due to war in Istanbul (pop 16) which is increasingly difficult to cope with (Built every happy building, currently using heriditary rule). Ofcourse all my other cities have alot of war weariness too (needless to say really...). Most of my cities are now "unhappy" cities. I'm currently researching rifling (soon will have riflemen) and just finished researching military tradition (so can build Cavalry).

So - do I continue the push into Russia and try to strike a Knockout blow before they get Cossacks ? Do I keep my units inside my empire but continue the war to balance sci/mil activity and hope for a Russian civil war ? or do I end the war now before a revolution in my homeland and so I can focus on science and gain a tech advantage ?

Advice on long-term and short-term strategy wanted !

"Version - Warlords
Modpack - Modified version of the revolution modpack.
"

I suspect there are no responses to your query as your set up is niched out . (at least for me). Warlords and a modified version of the revolution modpack?
However, i suggest when in doubt, attack. (which i think a marine did when surrounded and in a hopeless situation did afghanistan - course he died but better than waiting for the inevitable) :scan:

Top Bottom