RoM Latest Version

Guess Zappara has stopped paying for his MegaUpload account.

It's been over a year, almost 18 months, since he walked away from RoM 2.92.

I'd seed but I have a slow ISP provider.

JosEPh

Guess Zappara has stopped paying for his MegaUpload account.

It's been over a year, almost 18 months, since he walked away from RoM 2.92.

I'd seed but I have a slow ISP provider.

JosEPh

A good thing IMO. Not that he walked away, but that the link is broken. RoM 2.92 is not stable, and has very repeatable waiting for and CTD issues.

Most of which, iirc, comes from the REV version in it. And it's never been updated.

My My you've aged! You sure that isn't My photo?! :lol: Happy to see you posting.

I was going to EM you for permission to access the SVN. But since you are showing an interest in finishing RAND off I can wait.

JosEPh

damnit. wish i would have read this before my 8 hour+ game hit a repeatable crash.
where can i get a stable version of this mod with revolutions in it? or one like it?

Thanks for these posts; I was interested in downloading the game until hearing about the crashing difficulties.

Thanks for these posts; I was interested in downloading the game until hearing about the crashing difficulties.

Use v2.91. But be warned there is still a problem with the version of REV that was merged into this mod. But if you play w/o REV On you should have a relatively stable Mod to use.

JosEPh

Use v2.91. But be warned there is still a problem with the version of REV that was merged into this mod. But if you play w/o REV On you should have a relatively stable Mod to use.

JosEPh

Thanks JosEPh, I'm not savvy enough to download, install and use REV by itself, only if it is installed in a bundled Mod. I'll see if I can disable it.

I'll try v2.91, thanks again!

It will be a Game start Option for whether you use REV or not.

Just like choosing to have Barbarians or not.

JosEPh :)

I was interested in creating my own mod and was wanting to use the United Nations units from ROM in it. Is there a way to do this? I tried copying the modules folder in ROM/Assets and pasting it into my assets folder but nothing happened. Are there other folders I need besides the "buildings" folder and the "custom units" folder in ROM/Assets/Modules? Thanks to anyone who can help out with info..

I was interested in creating my own mod and was wanting to use the United Nations units from ROM in it. Is there a way to do this? I tried copying the modules folder in ROM/Assets and pasting it into my assets folder but nothing happened. Are there other folders I need besides the "buildings" folder and the "custom units" folder in ROM/Assets/Modules? Thanks to anyone who can help out with info..

If you add folders to assets you need to be sure they are included in the Schema files/folders as well.

JosEPh

Thanks for the info Joseph, I located the xml/schema folders for buildings and units (Im assuming these are the only two I need to change) but Im not sure what to do...

There is a section of the forums on How to Mod. There is info there about Schemas and examples of how to add in new "stuff'.

I'm not good at that kind of stuff my self. My programming days were when Cobol was the dominate language in Business school along with Fortran. So I'm very outdated over this xml and python etc stuff of today. :p

JosEPh

love this mod but its nothing if cant play with others,, i dont know if i just can see any other making multiplayer matches or if any is even trying i would love to play this with someone

love this mod but its nothing if cant play with others,, i dont know if i just can see any other making multiplayer matches or if any is even trying i would love to play this with someone

Good luck.

Do you have any friends that play BtS? If so you could have them install the version of RoM you play and try Direct IP.

JosEPh

that is what i am looking for, other people to play this with,its how i came across this site ,,so i take it that to try the direct ip means that the multiplayer function just doesn't work then, one is never going to see someone else trying to set up and start a game?

Top Bottom