Funny Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's neither Aztec nor Barbarian, it's a minor civilization (just checked the XML). I'm not sure whether Barbarians can build wonders, but minor civs apparently can. Of course, iz *is* possible that some AI captured the city from a minor civ, built the Colossus there, and lost the city again ... but well, I'll go with Occam's scalpel and believe in the less complicated explanation. ;)

The Last Conformist said:
That's the same list barbarian cities get their name from ....

Checked it again, you're right. So from the name alone, we cannot tell whether a city belongs to barbarians or a minor civ, as both fetch their city names from the same list. (Well, there *are* two separate lists, but the contents currently are identical.)

I'm not sure what the difference between barbarians and minor civs is. I think I've read something about differences in these forums, but can't find it now. :(

barbs only get units that spawn in the fog and cant build settlers if they capture a city. Minor civs gets a settler to start with and can build them. So if you play terra you will get some quite advance cities in the new world.

I guess if you leave them long enough they can be fully developed.

Montezuma's revenge?

Attachments

• anger.JPG
    anger.JPG
    155.6 KB · Views: 9,484
playing my first ever game to a finish and i think i'm gonna come second in the space race (Noble).. however my influencial cities have finally taken its toll on my sole neightbour, Gandhi, with a fully blown rebellion..

the Chicken Madras proved too hot to handle:

Attachments

• Civ4 Madras.jpg
    Civ4 Madras.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 8,956
Tatran said:
Less funny screenshot,but I've never seen something like
this before.The Barbarians build a wonder.

I'm in a game and the little runts built 2. The pyramids and the Gardens in the same city. I've captured it again and have held it for good now but lost it 2 times before. Its a plains, huge map and my biggest (land ,city,army) foe are damn barbs. I.ve easly killed over 150 barb archers. They just keep coming 6 or more will atack an outlying city at once.

Barbs can and do build wonders. I played on a large map, without any AI civs my first game to play around with city, wonder, and unit combinations. I left the barbs in for someone to fight to gain units promotions.

When I went to sack their city they had the pyramids and the Oracle in their city :(

no worries mate- if u want anything else, just ask

This happened when I attacked a city from my transport, accidentally but never the less this is what happened next turn. My unit was shown on top of the boat and I couldn't put him back in the boat but when the boat moved, he followed. Pretty funny.
WalkonWater.JPG

Not funny pre-se, but interesting nonetheless.

Culture Hole! A fairly bizzare one, too.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0021.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0021.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 8,361
kcwong said:
Now should I risk the wrath of him, or should I allow him to roam freely in my borders?

I'm gonna have trouble sleeping at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom