Better BAT AI

Thanks for replying. What I installed was the "Better Bat AI v 2.1". Says it is a merger of the Better BUG AI with the BAT Mod.

I've asked the moderators to move this thread and merge it with the Better BAT AI thread so that other users of BBATAI can see the answer. I'll look into it and see what I can come up with for an answer in the next day or so.

Thank you! :D

And no, I don't think it's ever been merged with DCM.

On my City Display Screen all the builds are listed on the left like they should be. Next to each build there is a plus sign (which cannot be clicked) instead of the summary of the benefits generated by the building. I cannot find any option to turn this display on/off in the options section. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Jack

Hi Jack,

That plus sign is an indicator that there is a hover with the information that you're looking for. With the new Platy UI elements that I added a while back, there is more information for the bar than the bar can hold. Therefore, to keep the clutter down, the plus sign is there to show you that there is more information there to see. The plus sign can't be turned off I'm afraid.

If it bothers you a lot, you could always revert to BBATAI 2.0, which doesn't have that feature (I don't think) There are no AI changes between 2.0 and 2.1, so it's still the same game AI-wise, just the UI is different. :)

Thanks for the information. The plus sign does not bother me at all. Just wondered what it meant and wanted to make sure I was not missing something. Again thanks.
Jack

The Better BAT AI installer doesn't work for Steam versions of the game, because I don't have a Steam install and thus I can't write a Steam based installation file and test it.

Not to worry, however, you can still install the mod. Download the ZIP file from SourceForge and unzip it into the $YOUR_USER_NAME$\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Mods folder. Or else, whatever folder Steam keeps BTS's Custom Assets folder in. Just put it into the Mods directory.

You can also just put it into the Mods folder in the main BTS folder where the game is. Either way will work.

The Better BAT AI installer doesn't work for Steam versions of the game, because I don't have a Steam install and thus I can't write a Steam based installation file and test it.

Not to worry, however, you can still install the mod. Download the ZIP file from SourceForge and unzip it into the $YOUR_USER_NAME$\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Mods folder. Or else, whatever folder Steam keeps BTS's Custom Assets folder in. Just put it into the Mods directory.

You can also just put it into the Mods folder in the main BTS folder where the game is. Either way will work.

Yeah thought that might be the case, thanks! The zip is an older version though, any idea on when it will be updated to 2.1?

Yeah thought that might be the case, thanks! The zip is an older version though, any idea on when it will be updated to 2.1?
Uploaded tonight. Should be the working version. Please post if there is weirdness.

It's easy. Just do this:

Download the ZIP file from SourceForge and unzip it into the $YOUR_USER_NAME$\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Mods folder. Or else, whatever folder Steam keeps BTS's Custom Assets folder in. Just put it into the Mods directory.

Is there any way to get back the original wonder movies?
EDIT: Unrelated, but is there any way to see list of all keybindings such as the alt+x city dotmap?

EDIT2: Wait, I just had one of the movies.. Do the old ones only happen at some wonders, and some have pictures? I'm confused..

Is there any way to get back the original wonder movies?
EDIT: Unrelated, but is there any way to see list of all keybindings such as the alt+x city dotmap?

EDIT2: Wait, I just had one of the movies.. Do the old ones only happen at some wonders, and some have pictures? I'm confused..

Better BAT AI does not replace any of the wonder movies in Civ4:BTS, so there are no "original" movies to get back.

What the mod does do, is offer movies for the National Wonders and Shrines that are not included in BTS. These are in addition to the regular wonder movies, they do not replace anything.

If you want to remove them you can. It involves some XML editing. If you're comfortable with it, I can show you how, but I'm really curious to see why you don't like the movies.

Hi,
Each time I start a game with this mod, this message keeps appearing on the screen

Spoiler :
BugOptions - failed writing INI file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\ Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Better BAT AI\User Settings\Autolog.ini'

Any ideas for fixing this?

Try running the game as Administrator. Right click on the game and choose "Run as Administrator".

I love this mod! It's just wonderful, and makes an already great game twice as good. :)

However, I have a really weird error. Everything works the way it should, except that ALT+X doesn't. There is no strategy layer, and I can't get the dot-map to show up.

Other ALT-based hotkeys work, like the satellite view. I didn't have this problem on my old computer which ran Windows 7. My new one runs Windows 8.

Might that be the reason? Or what else might be wrong?

Top Bottom