Infinite unit production and Better Bat AI link

Pembleton

Chieftain
I'm using the BAT mod and most of the time the unit production becomes infinite. I often waste a turn because I'm used to having the production screen pop up so I can change production after building one unit. Is there a way to turn this off?

Also the better bat AI link isn't working.

There is an option in the option screen to disable the continuous unit builds.

I must be missing something because I went through all of the bug options and the regular options and I don't see it.

The build units forever option is in the Ctrl-Alt-O BUG screen under the City(ies) tab. Scroll down to find the option. Once you deactivate it you should never have to worry about it again.

Also the better bat AI link isn't working.
I checked, and the link is working. You're trying the link toward the bottom of the first post in the thread, yes?

Just in case, this is the link:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/civ4betterbatai/files/

I see where the option is now, thanks. Right at the very bottom.

I was probably unclear about what I meant. The link you refer to works and gets me to the website. But I can't download the file. I tried again and my antivirus program prevents me from downloading it. I turned off my antivirus and I got a 9 kb file. Is this supposed to be it? I'm afraid to try it.

As a test, I tried, and then aborted, redownloading the regular BAT mod, and it works fine, as I start downloading a 400+ mb file.

The file to download is this one:

Better BAT AI v 2.1 Installer.exe

And it's about 430 MB, not 9 KB. I don't know what you got but that isn't BBATAI. There should be no antivirus hiccups with it as it's a clean file. I just downloaded it and scanned it again. If your antivirus isn't letting you d/l it and you're only getting a 9 KB file, there is something else going on...

Link doesnt work for me either. All the mirrors just come up as "file not found."

Edit: I tried all the mirrors and the Montreal one worked for me, others didnt for some reason...

I'll look into it.

@Lemon - it works for me fine everytime I try. Sourceforge has a trouble ticket system. Maybe the people having problems should submit a ticket If they get enough tickets mabye they'll do something if something's worng

I put in a trouble ticket at SF, but as I've said previously, I've never had a problem downloading the installer when others have complained about it not working.

I don't know the answer for this. The possible problem is with SourceForge. Sorry.

The build units forever option is in the Ctrl-Alt-O BUG screen under the City(ies) tab. Scroll down to find the option. Once you deactivate it you should never have to worry about it again.
This option seems broken in Buffy .004 - regardless of what you set it as units are built repeatedly.

You're missing the XML that drives that function in GlobalDefinesAlt.xml.

Try inserting the following code at line 215 of Buffy's GlobalDefinesAlt.xml:

Code:
<!-- Production Popup Unit Training -->

<Define>
		<DefineName>BUG_PRODUCTION_POPUP_TRAIN_CIVILIAN_UNITS_FOREVER</DefineName>
		<iDefineIntVal>0</iDefineIntVal>
	</Define>
	<Define>
		<DefineName>BUG_PRODUCTION_POPUP_TRAIN_MILITARY_UNITS_FOREVER</DefineName>
		<iDefineIntVal>0</iDefineIntVal>
	</Define>

If that doesn't work let me know and I'll keep looking...

Top Bottom