Global Highland Challenge Pitboss

You'll be 13th in the civ choice... but first in the leader choice!

So what is my order for picking leader then? Second?

I have send you my choices BTW, which were based on the asumption I was picking leader 13th in order...but anyway if they are available I will take them.

I didn't expect this to be such a problem as there are potentially 34 civilizations. 11 players voted and all first votes are different except one. I know that certain civilizations are considered as junk by some players, but apparently each players has very different feelings about what is good or not. That's the interesting part of the process: seeing what player think it is best to play with! I really don't think it is necessary to make a list of 10 civilizations, Munro.

Besides, as we go unrestricted, a civilization maybe qualified "bad" because of the leader. Here you can adapt and make an adequate combo, optimizing the civ with a leader, which can improve clearly the potential. And open up the way for such junk civilization to perform well!

And I am sorry to cause some trouble there, with my curiosity ... I'll impose random for all next time ;)
I admit that as it is the first pitboss I set up, I am not aware of the "classical" processes. Sorry for my bad manners. That's very different from being "only" a player. I didn't anticipate all the issues :hammer2: But I learned much thanks to your feedbacks!

All players have sent their preferred civilizations and everyone has got his top priority civ :thumbsup: ... except one (sorry Ronnie, but your second is OK ;) )

Now, for those who didn't do it, could you please send me your leaders choices, the same manner?
I remind you that order of priority will be the reverse order : from last players in the list to the first players.

Thanks to all! And once that is done, I'll post the results and ... the game will start! :woohoo:

I'm fine with it being a surprise what the rest of you are playing

edit. 5 choices sent, since I'm near the end.

@classical_hero, I'd like this to be a surprise. Each player will make his choices independently from other players. It is interesting to observe that each player has its own view on the better combo :) That appeared clearly for the civilization choices (13 different out of 14). Let's see for the leaders...

I agree you'll have to trust me about the choices. But I will be an impartial judge ... unless someone pinches my leader ofc :lol:

I admit that as it is the first pitboss I set up, I am not aware of the "classical" processes. Sorry for my bad manners. That's very different from being "only" a player. I didn't anticipate all the issues :hammer2: But I learned much thanks to your feedbacks!
FWIW I think your PM method is good -- I like not knowing what the other people picked and it's not your fault players take so long to send in their choices. IMO they should be tarred and feathered when passing 48 hours.

FWIW I think your PM method is good -- I like not knowing what the other people picked and it's not your fault players take so long to send in their choices. IMO they should be tarred and feathered when passing 48 hours.

:lol: the punishment won't be complete if they are not hung by the feet!

Waiting for 5 players to send their choices...

If I don't receive them by tomorrow noon (GMT+1), I won't be able to start before the end of the week.

New MOD?...I must have missed that post!

yeah, its up there somewhere (and again partway down the first page).

NoScore got changed around a bit. No more point for wonders mainly.

Ronnie, you'll find the mod on the first post of the thread. Wrt original Noscore, "old techs" are easier to get : increased bonus for researching techs already found by other known civs. That should limit the tech backwardness.

As proposed by Munro, I set up a test pitboss game, to check if everyone can connect. Note that start is not representative of the real game:
- you'll be able to see all the map with starting locations
- here you'll begin with AI's starting advantages

I'll send you the direct IP (which will be the same for the real pitboss).

Still one player to send his choices...

Top Bottom