FfH2 0.40 Changelog

what are you talking about? all of my axemen (or, more commonly, swordsmen) are always highly promoted, except when they're first built. I just send them in to take out barb cities and if they survive they're really strong, whereas my archers rarely do anything but sit in the city, so all they would get is the 20% strike and any normal bonuses, plus if they have any defensive bonuses.

A reply to my post about early game city attacks, in which a highly promoted axeman was given as being a break even example.

You too think that haveing a highly promted city attacker is typical, it may be typical for you, but not for the ai. These city attacking units you refer to, gaining promotions, and becoming highly promoted, just what do you think happens to those archers who defeat those you sent out and lost?, unlike your none upgraded ones with a mere city bonus, terrian bonus,25% fortified bounus and defensive strike and first strike, they are now as promoted as your city attackers. Thats what im posting about, if defensive and first strike inflict a suffiecent losses in hps, which looks likly in early game city attacks, and only gets better as tyhe game goes on, your going to see very few surviving city attackers as defensive fire and first strike bring the attckers to jump points in hps much quicker than before, meaning the law of diminishing returns applys and more attackers are defeated quicker for less loss to the defender.

Any close combat odds, ie attack and defense are equal, where one side has lost hps prior to the combat and has a 80 to 99 of its hps, and the other full hps, means the less hit pointed unit will not win 50% of the time befcause of jump points, in which 1 less damage is inflicted, but instead, 25-38% of the time will it win because of this. Defensive fire and first strike combined will make this occur more often, ie hp reduced attackers going on to defeat beacuse of the double wammy to there hit points, which was why i posted that if the combat was recomputed and seen to be a defeat after defensive fire, it woulod work better than if it did not.

I would propose we wait until tommorrow to jugde if a mechanic is broken or not. You also have to remember that from now on Kael and his team are beginning to improve the AI and your thoughts may be obsolete. Of course city defenders were improved, but I think before it was much harder to get good defenders than good attackers and now it's about on par. Train the AI to learn Air or Fire II or to build massive stacks of catapults and you will again have your challenge. With all units of the AI usually starting with level 4 for me this challenge is already existent. If you feel that the AI begins to bore you, consider to raise your difficulty.

I would propose we wait until tommorrow to jugde if a mechanic is broken or not.
I dont mean its broken, im just pointing out what the changes will result in, i actually like it this way.

If you feel that the AI begins to bore you, consider to raise your difficulty.

AI never bores me, and raising difficulty leval has nothing to do with what i posted, which is a maths question and answer to a game mechanic.

It has to do with the difficulty as on Immortal you nearly never see an AI unit with less than three promotions (as they start with 6 XP + 2 XP by apprenticeship + 2 XP by conquest). The AI beelines warfare so usually axemen have city raiders I+II+III, which is a 9.1 unit (and was a 11.0 unit before) which can be quite a threat in focussed hordes with catapult-support. I'm sure the later patches will instruct the AI to use good attacking strategies.

A request....

I love the world spells, but I would really like it if there was 2, I know this would be way to powerful but... Why can't there be a minor version and a major version?

This makes sense to me as, in the early game most people just want to hinder your opponents, hence a minor world spell, and later hurt them more with a major version.

A request....

I love the world spells, but I would really like it if there was 2, I know this would be way to powerful but... Why can't there be a minor version and a major version?

This makes sense to me as, in the early game most people just want to hinder your opponents, hence a minor world spell, and later hurt them more with a major version.

The ritual "Birthright Regained" allows you to reuse your world spell, so a minor version would be a tad pointless in my opinion. It's an interesting idea and all, but there's no need for it.

the same situation, a settler that would take 25 turns for a normal civ, an imperialistic civ would make it in 20 turns, so the 50% only becomes an actual 25% bonus.

5 turns are the 20% of 25

Hey Guys,

Sorry if already discussed but will any of these scenarios be on random maps or are they all fixed map situations? I know my personal favorite is altered rules/parameters on a random map. While a hand crafted map is probably preferred, especially when recreating specific battles of lore, from a gameplay perspective, I hate the damned things. After you've played it once or twice the "exploration" aspect is completely minimized and it becomes just a matter of rote memorization of the optimal path to success (sure, battle results and other factors make each play through a little different, but it still makes replaying very tedious to me).

I think I will be satisfied with a scenario after I played it once (or multiple times if I lose). There is always the epic game (random map) to play once you tire of the scenarios.

And then there will probably be many more player made scenarios since you will be able to make a scenario that works even if they patch the main mod.

Any time during that day anywhere in the world. So almost a 48 hour window (Kael must have been a Cable Repairman previously...)

Also don't forget the wait between when he posts it to the download service and when it gets approved.

Further, let's try to remember to let Xienwolf get the first post on the thread to keep up the bug report log.

what time exactly (GMT +-0) Is it released?

As a Brit, I was very surprised on the last two releases that when I'd log in at work on the morning of the scheduled release was there already and will have been by a good few hours, which I'd guess would have been 7am GMT at the latest.

That doesn't mean it will be that early this time, but I suspect that if I could somehow shut myself of from the world on Friday I'd be doing my utmost to navigate those scenarios...

It IS the 16th in some parts of the world right now!

this sucks i lost my civ iv disk. i hope i find it before tomorrow.

Top Bottom