DLC with repurchace

Pouakai

It belongs in a museum.
I originally had Steam on one computer, on which I had purchased DLC. I now play on a new PC, but my brother wants to have his own copy. If he buys Civ 5 and plays on the original computer, will there be any issues with him playing, as he won't have the DLC yet?

I think what I'm saying is can someone without DLC play their Civ 5 on a computer which has DLC downloaded?

I'd presume that the DLCs will simlpy not be available to be used, the files will be there but will not be loaded into the game. Infact, if you had a game installed that you dont' own, it will come up in the list, but instead of "play" button will say "install"...

Your brother needs his own steam account. His account will not have the DLC. Only your account will. Do not buy two copies of the same game on one steam account. Steam is funny about being logged on twice even with two computers.

Yeah, I know. He has his own steam account, and his own copy of the game. He is playing on a computer which I had DLC on. He does not have DLC.

It is not that the computer had it. It was that your steam account had it. He has to purchase his own DLC under his account.

There shouldn't be, it just won't let you use them if your account doesn't have them. It doesn't matter if the game is installed via DVD or even through someone else's account, if you own the game in your account you can log on and play it if its installed (and if not, then you can't).

Top Bottom