[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

do i have to install ffh2 over ffh1? or can it be a seperate install so i can choose eitehr version when i want to load a mod?

ffh2 doesn't install over ffh1.

Prayer4theDying said:
I'm not entirely sure what happened, but as the elves I ended up with 3-4 treants appearing throughout my game. No complaints, as they helped me in some tight spots (as I imagine they're intended to), but they surprised me nonetheleast because I couldn't find the reason why they appeared the entire time. No pedia entry seemed to point it out as a civic trait, a state religion trait, a civ trait, or just a random occurance. Care to fill me in... I haven't seen anyone mention it yet. Thanks!

That is the magic of ancient forests. Whenever an enemy unit enters an ancient forest in the lands of a Fellowship of the Leaves player there is a 5% chance that a treant will spawn to defend it. That chance is tripled if there is Shadowed Vale building in the nearby city.

Kael said:
Its at 2% chance per turn right now, Ill drop it to 1%

maybe leave it at 2% but check every 5 turns ?

Do the Treants stick around until killed or are they there for a limited amount of time? Because at least for a while they are very strong - and it might even be an advantage to have an enemy enter your ancient forest if it gives you such a strong unit early on.

Bright day
Bug: Played as Calabim, and had problem with Engineers- while they worked when assigned automatically by AI, I could not reassign them manually and they did not show how many work they do.

Query: How is Governer's Mansion Engineer/Merchant bonus supposed to work? In the game I had merchants making dozen of commerce and engineerns dozen of hammers...:eek:

Gladi said:
Bright day
Bug: Played as Calabim, and had problem with Engineers- while they worked when assigned automatically by AI, I could not reassign them manually and they did not show how many work they do.

Query: How is Governer's Mansion Engineer/Merchant bonus supposed to work? In the game I had merchants making dozen of commerce and engineerns dozen of hammers...:eek:

Oops. Its only supposed to give that bonus to merchants and engineers in that city, not across the entire empire (and especially not cumulativly). It will be fixed in the next version.

And Im working on getting the engineer add and remove buttons fixed.

onedreamer said:
maybe leave it at 2% but check every 5 turns ?

Unfortunatly its much easier to just do a check each turn then to try to remember when the last check was and count off until the next one. I supposed their is probably some math algoriythm I can do to see if the game turn is evenly divisible by 5 that would accomplish this. Hmm..

if ((CyGame().getGameTurn() % 5) == 0):

?

BTW, are goblins not supposed to be able to upgrade to higher tech scouts? They currently can only upgrade to worg riders (horseman) which are not even explorer type units.

Also, I assume you guys know that the barbarians are never "at peace" with the Ember Clan goblinoids.

Have you considered adding a "Beastmaster" or "Hunter" type promotion, that gives a str % bonus against animals?

Saw this last multiplayer game, thought you might want to jot it down for later use. It seems one of the ais issues is it builds 50% or more adepts. IE if it built 100 units, 50 of them would be adepts. One city had 15 archers 15 adepts and ... on the unit list.

Kael said:
Oops. Its only supposed to give that bonus to merchants and engineers in that city, not across the entire empire (and especially not cumulativly). It will be fixed in the next version.

Ah okay. Though it was kinda cool :p.

Belizan said:
if ((CyGame().getGameTurn() % 5) == 0):

?

BTW, are goblins not supposed to be able to upgrade to higher tech scouts? They currently can only upgrade to worg riders (horseman) which are not even explorer type units.

Goblins cant upgrade to "hunters" because hunters and up are lizardmen. we try to keep units from changing species in most cases (living units can become demons or undead, but demons or undead can not become living units, etc).

Also, I assume you guys know that the barbarians are never "at peace" with the Ember Clan goblinoids.

Its working in my testing. You were probably running Sheelba who doesn't have the barbarian trait. I'll add it to her.

Have you considered adding a "Beastmaster" or "Hunter" type promotion, that gives a str % bonus against animals?

I thought about it, but I didnt want to steal flavor from the recon line.

Here is a concept for the Elven civs: A Dryad. Build it in a city and disband it in a tile. The tile gets a bonus, and if an enemy moves into the tile (or adjacent tiles?!?), the Dryad comes out and attempts to charm them.

Another thing I was thinking is that with all the forests in your teritory as an elf, any invading force has a +50% defense bonus which makes removing them a bit more difficult.

To that end, could the defense bonus of forests be reduced to +25%, and the hills increased to +50% (which may be more realistic). This should still keep things balanced. It also makes forts a bit better as they currently wipe the forest bonus for a lesser bonus.

I have noticed that i rarely get any answers at this thread but i will ask for help anyway.....

I was making a scenario with mapview and Wb for fine tuning but after i have used the worldbuilder to place all cities etc. I can't start it , it simply crashes i checked it for errors with Mapview and it found 4 errors
Line:4972 No charater found
No command is that short
and same with another line...

i dont feel like counting rows till i get to 4972 in wordpad.... so what should i do?

Stellan_87 said:
I have noticed that i rarely get any answers at this thread but i will ask for help anyway.....

I was making a scenario with mapview and Wb for fine tuning but after i have used the worldbuilder to place all cities etc. I can't start it , it simply crashes i checked it for errors with Mapview and it found 4 errors
Line:4972 No charater found
No command is that short
and same with another line...

i dont feel like counting rows till i get to 4972 in wordpad.... so what should i do?

I use Notepad++, it lists the line number in the left column.

btw, I wouldnt recommend making a FfH2 scenerio for anything but personal use. We will break it faster than you can make it with mod updates.

Kael and his friends,

I have just started a new game with the Amurites Civ and began my hunting of barbarian Orc Spearman with my two first newly created Warriors. After some hard victories, i decided to give them the promotion "Orc Slaying". When the next fight began, i looked at the total bonus and i was surprised to see that i only received the bonuses of "Combat I " and "Combat II" i already had. :confused:
Is it a bug ? or Barbarian Orc Spearman are not orc and only barbarian ?
What happen ?

The Frog.

Now that I think of it, I think I got a human slave out of the Orc Spearman using a taskmaster... but I could be misremembering. I know I got a human slave but it may have been from a goblin.
~p

Top Bottom