Ok fine then. Now explain why I never got mention of rebels. Ever.

Would it matter if you did? You can't post orders in between turns so it doesn't matter if you didn't found about the rebels until the update or in-between the time of orders locked and the update.

OH GOD.

Christos, stop yelling. Allied, stop trolling him.

Let's end this before the GM has to come in and start dealing out penalties. If you want to "correct" what someone else is saying repeatedly, TAKE IT TO A GODDAMN PM.

-L

You Renfair guys have a good head on your shoulders and I can't remember now why we were mad with you guys in the first place.

-Ambassador Lin

Here is another extract from Herrick De Vann's newest book: "Terror: Essays on Controlling Governments via Fear." This time it is from the essay “To not Fear being Feared.”

Repetition is often a sin but it is more a sin to not repeat the notion that to be hated is the one thing one does not want to be. Let to be feared is feared by a significant number. Ignorance is not the fruit of this: while hate sets you will have a gun pointed at your head, those that are scared often seeks guns to protect themselves, often in paranoia shooting at anything that comes in from the door. It is understandable that a rebellion could occur in fear as oppose to hate. Let it is conclusive to suggest that those that are feared and are not hated are in a good position. Why? Those that will control a power will want to be sure that those they control do not answer back. Hate sets one to not answer back: fear ensures they do not dare give the word. Let although love is the force which ensures your power does not collapse, as followers are those who commit your desires, it is fear that ensures your opposition do not give the best strike. The last you want is for those who love you to fall. It makes things, in the words of my great, great mother Elisa Anderson in her own essay on power “Style of Dictatorship, “a lot more harder then you set out to be or that was expected by those in the most intellectual of observations.” So to be feared is to help ensure that those who hate you are scared to strike, while those who cannot love you do go along with your will.

It is often questioned by the inner circle of the Enlightened Vigilante Infiltration League “how can a terror cell function to the maximum efficiency by becoming feared without becoming hated? Should we just ensure everyone loves us without hating us? Fear makes hate does it not?” These questions are ignorant to the notion that people have their own schemes, their own plots and their own vision. Control relies on structures place to ensure those that cannot love you follow you, for love cannot be set to the desired degree as all have their own vision, which may be in conflict with your own vision. Let a terror cell may have structure of loyalty from the minions; it is by nature that a terror cell is on in influence of the world at its conception. Why should those will grand influence already turn to such desperate measures like terror? They already have their grasp on the globe. Hence if you do not want to be feared do not become at terrorist, unless you want to be the butt of all jokes.

So how to not fear being feared? For a terror cell the matter is simple: spread your terror in such a way that you do not discriminate, let are neither sociopathic or without virtue. Oppression in moderation has been spoken greatly in “Victims of their own Terror” and “Tactics of the Tyrant.” Hence it is not in vice, even though I in many ways am of great vice, that I repeat the importance of moderating terror. Aim for those that are viewed as either powerless, sympathetic to your cause, has a “we do not wish to get involved” reaction to you or a combination of those three notions. Naturally you can defy these laws if you choose but only if the gains justify the loses. After all those who are powerless will follow the example of the powerful. Those who are sympathetic will require only diplomatic battle over ensuring their support. Those that want to stay out of the conflict against you only going to change overnight if events were to persuade. You must against those that go against your vision in order to make them fear you. Hence how to distribute your oppression and part of the policy of ensuring you do not have to worry about people being scared of you.

The richest country is African.
Yay, I'm getting some recognition. :p

Let me tell you something. You are a joke. No one takes you seriously. You are in no position to demand anything from anyone. Even african third world states can destroy you.

My God, Christos is correct!

The Emperor puts forward the following UN resolution. We strongly encourage everyone to vote yes to the resolution but the Emperor understands if there is dissent against the idea.

Can I join as Ukrain?
If so can someone brief me on what is happening?

Canary Atlantis
65 Boxes o' Sand
All into Industry
Claim 2 random Moroccan provinces

I return

Sorry about that everyone, stuff happened. How's everyone doing? What's happened in the past week?

Some weird stuff. Mostly Christos going bankrupt.

Last edited:
sad to say im having comp trouble right now. i hope to get access to another one within the next few days but if i dont send in orders over the next few turns please npc me. dt

OOC: Could I be invited to the diplo/UN group (if there is one) for the USSR-Russian Rebels peace negotiations?
Oh, I thought you were hosting it. :crazyeye:

Unless you/we wanna keep it private, we can start a thread on Tani's board.

I'll call Chuikov. :mischief:

Top Bottom