Prince of Darkness Scenario

I'm really sorry:
I'm afraid I can't look into this. Crashes aren't python related, so I don't think I could fix it. Worse, I've lost my BtS CD so can't reinstall it (my old PC where it was installed died), which means I can't look into the problem. I hadn't tested version 0.41, so I don't know if something changed that's incompatible with the mod.

I was getting an error when trying to run the game in FFH 0.41j, BTS 3.19. I went into the event file and deleted a couple of entries. I just finished the scenario with no errors so I assume that my fix work. Anyway, for anyone else who wants to run this scenario and gets an error while loading, please try this file and see if it will run.

I used the Prince of Darkness version 0.2. I am not sure if it is compatible with FFH0.41m.

Attachments

• CIV4EventInfos.zip
    39.7 KB · Views: 151
Thanks a lot aburke for fixing this.
As I said, I have broken my BtS cd, so can't reinstall the game (new computer, old one's dead), so I'm unable to test whether something will work with a given patch number unfortunately.

This updated version works with BTS 3.19 and FFH 2 0.41m. Please PM if you have any trouble running the scenario, and I will try to help, although all credit goes to LDiCesare for creating this mod.

To run this mod:
1. Backup your FFH 2 folder.
2. Unzip the file into your original FFH 2 folder.
3. Load FFH 2 normally.
4. Choose scenarios.
5. Select Map_for_Prince_of_Darkness
6. Select a civ, Amurites are the easiest and Elohim are the hardest.
7. Enjoy!

Thanks LDiCesare for creating an excellent mod. I hope people enjoy it.

Attachments

• PrinceOfDarkness_0.2_Run with FFH0.41m and BTS 3.19.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 855
Hey LDiCesare, I wanted to PM you to ask permission to post the update. It never hurts to check. However, PM is disabled for my account. Please let me know if you want me to take the link down. Also feel free to include it on your first post.

I might get Civ V soon if it's got enough good reviews, so I don't feel like buying again a disk at the price of the disk + the license (which I already bought so don't want to pay for twice). And if I buy Civ V, I may not have time for IV...

You do know that since you purchased the game, it is entirely legal for you to download a copy of it? So long as you don't distribute it to someone who didn't purchase it, you are fine. Same thing happened to me a while back, before 3.19; Disk got scratched, had to download a copy in order to play.

Actually, I know it's legal for me to use the game aas I have the licence, but downloading a cracked copy is still piracy and illegal. So if you know of a place where I can download it legally without paying because I already bought the game, I'd like to do that.

Computer on which it was got reinstalled and the hard drive wiped. (Plus later the graphics card fried and that was the end of the poor laptop.)

i unpacked it to my ffh folder but it still wont let me play. the map for prince of darkness wont show up under the scenario screen. please help?

I finally got tired of trying to like Civ V so I bought a copy of Civ IV complete so I can play BtS again. I'll try to install the mod from scratch again and install my scenario to see how to make it work, I just don't remember.
Did you try the scenario screen from the single player menu or from the scenarios screen inside FfH? You must do the former, not the latter (You should start the scenario by picking the menus "Single Player/Play A Scenario/Map for Prince of Darkness").

I haven't tried the scenario with "O" patch, but I'll download it this weekend and get back to everybody.

Top Bottom