Wild Mana for FFH 2

uh, I don't really see a difference between it and base FFH honestly, but I'm sure that Sephi knows :D

@Worm4life: you need 041D, and BTS 3.19.

[to_xp]Gekko;8276682 said:
uh, I don't really see a difference between it and base FFH honestly, but I'm sure that Sephi knows :D

@Worm4life: you need 041D, and BTS 3.19.

Really? Compare Sephi's screenshots against your own. See a diffrence? :p

I have to say I'm less than thrilled by the fact that barbs stay perfectly still for some 5 or so turns, sometimes more. it's very very weird to pop up defenders from a lair and see them stay immobile for a while... I think it should be changed back to the default behaviour.

Uhhh... Who would pop lairs within the first few turns anyway? Apart from the suicidal lot, that is :p

I do, I usually feel lucky and I enjoy an additional challenge to overcome. if I get crippled, at least the AI will look like a more decent opponent. and if I get destroyed, at least I only lost like 10 turns of playing time and just restart :D

I have to say I'm less than thrilled by the fact that barbs stay perfectly still for some 5 or so turns, sometimes more. it's very very weird to pop up defenders from a lair and see them stay immobile for a while... I think it should be changed back to the default behaviour.

I heartily agree with this. The mod is great, but the barbs need to get on up!

Okay thanks, now it works.

It is intentional to start players RIGHT on top of each other (Erebus map)? The first 4 games in a row had me bumping into a rival's starting settler in the second to fourth turns. Every time he raced his settler to a spot, leaving his starting army behind, and founded a city that my scout/warrior then just waltzed into, killing off a rival civ by turn 5!

The AI does seem beefed up (over twice the military on Prince that I was seeing on vanilla noble). I'm just puzzled at the starting positions. I'm seeing a lot more dead end setups where I'm hemmed into a one city sized pocket by two other civs. One game I was hemmed into such a situation even after taking out a rival's first city on turn 5! Meanwhile both neighboring rivals had tons and tons of wide open areas to expand outward from.

That was a standard sized map. Is it intentional to clump a bunch of civs together right at the start? Bumping into each other one turn 2 or 3 is a bit cramped.

Okay thanks, now it works.

It is intentional to start players RIGHT on top of each other (Erebus map)? The first 4 games in a row had me bumping into a rival's starting settler in the second to fourth turns. Every time he raced his settler to a spot, leaving his starting army behind, and founded a city that my scout/warrior then just waltzed into, killing off a rival civ by turn 5!

The AI does seem beefed up (over twice the military on Prince that I was seeing on vanilla noble). I'm just puzzled at the starting positions. I'm seeing a lot more dead end setups where I'm hemmed into a one city sized pocket by two other civs. One game I was hemmed into such a situation even after taking out a rival's first city on turn 5! Meanwhile both neighboring rivals had tons and tons of wide open areas to expand outward from.

Huh, is that why I was able to waltz into the undefended Hippus capitol on turn 7 when they have 4 units nearby? Yeah, that needs to be fixed.

On the other hand, a note about the .tga files; FF's seems to work perfectly. I just tried it, and the leader attitude icons displayed correctly, as well as the civics screen. If anyone finds any problems let me know, but for now it seems to work.

wow, nice job Onionsoilder! :goodjob:

@Worm4life: well, the starting settler that goes looking for a better spot is a feature, and a good one. the fact that he remains alone and vulnerable and founds a city with no defenders, and the starting army staying perfectly still until he settles, and the fact that he seems to enjoy founding not-even-so-good cities right next to rivals, yeah I agree that's very bad, and possibly related to the barbs staying perfectly still for some turns at the start of the game... it looks like a quick hack-n-slash solution :D

aside from this, I guess the weirdness that Erebus mapscript is makes this settler behavior even more weird. quick solution: stop playing Erebus, download ErebusContinent, enjoy the FFH sensation once again :lol:

I had an odd occurrence my last game too. I started next to four AI: Balserphs, Amurites, Khazad and Doviello. The Amurites moved their settler 3N 1E of my capitol, leaving their military behind, and founded a city there. My scout captured and razed it. Next turn, the Balserphs did the exact same thing. I razed their city as well. Finally, the Khazad also founded a city in the exact same location, which I razed. The Doviello were smart enough to found a city in a different spot with military guarding it, but since I had a bunch of room to expand now, they didn't last long either.

To put it bluntly, that "feature" needs to be fixed. I see three ways to do this:

1) Force the AI to keep a military guard with the settler at all times. Sure it slows down the founding of their city, but at least they get to keep it.:lol:

2) Restrict the settler's movement to a certain distance, say, two tiles from there starting location.

3) Remove the AI settler movement all together. It's not like they're any good at city placement anyway, so what difference does it make if they settle where they start of if they move to a spot just as bad?

Force-grouping the units and making the movement bonus of starting settler apply to all units in the stack could work decently, but I think the main issue is that without a capital city to focus them, all AI players will evaluate starting positions without regard to distance, so everyone on that continent will want the EXACT same spot. And since no land is claimed anywhere, they won't care who is at any proximity to that spot already (ie - the human). Modification of the FoundValues to consider distance from your assigned starting location if your Capital is NULL may be sufficient to solve the issue. As well as considering distance between a potential founding location and the nearest other person's assigned start location, or military units of a player who has no Capital City.

You could also continue the "Thou Shalt Settle NOW" routine, but relax it just enough to allow a single turn worth of movement if a better spot is within 2/3 tiles. (ie - Onion's #2)

Tried doing a search for ErebusContinent but just got a ton of irrelevant results.

I'm at a map dilemma right now. I prefer the layout to Tectonic better, but it doesn't take into account civ specifics when playing. On Erebus, Khazad start out with hills, the desert nomads on desert, Lanun near water, Illian on tundra, etc. With Tectonic it's very easy to be screwed by your starting location.

I like the AI changes (minus starting city and barbarians), but I'm not crazy about a lot of the other features.

Why are the minor civ leaders included in the lineup? I like to play random, but it's annoying restarting because I end up with a gimped foolish and weak leader.

Why is metal revealed from the start? That was a core mechanic that you didn't know until it was researched.

here is ErebusContinent http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=308590

it takes a while to generate, but it's definitely worth it.

I agree about the minor leaders thingie, I'm pretty sure that Sephi is going to include them as a gameoption with the next version though.

metal revealed from the start? I haven't experienced that... maybe you got mining from a hut or your leader starts with it?

Anyone know how to do a quick fix to stop the AI settlers from moving? This is really starting to annoy me....

I tried to spread order during stasis and the game did not like it one bit: gave this python exception, and clicking OK did nothing so I had to close the game. btw, the red text with the info about how long stasis is gonna last is showing above the scores, which is annoying cuz you can no longer see 2 of the lines there :D

and yet another python exception, slightly different, this time when trying to spread order in a city with FoL. it's not even consistent, since I was able to spread order in the same city that gave me the other python exception during stasis ( the city had RoK as well ) without issues, as soon as the stasis ended. now the stasis is ended and won't be back, but the error that makes it so that you can't click ok on the pop-up and have to close the game remains. I thought it was due to stasis, but unfortunately it isn't.

tried spreading in a city without religion, gives the same damn unrecoverable python exception as the second one I've posted. hopefully this can be fixed soon, cuz it makes the game kind of unplayable... savegames attached for easier bugtracking.

Top Bottom