GMR Cultural warlords

Warsaw has fallen! :borg:
Spoiler :

Numerous world wonders have been captured by the Reich! :p
Spoiler :

Can the brave Poles stand up for their freedom, or they will perish under the iron heel of the Brazilian fascists? :assimilate: Only time will tell.

Here is my pic :)

Spoiler :

That's it for me...i tried to play the cultural guy and RStark played the warlord guy :lol:

With 3 promos right off the bat(from his capital) he could build these buffed battleships so he can shoot me from seas. Nice tactic :cool:

The warlord guy wins(again) :goodjob:

P.S.: I tried to get out from that game using gmr but again i can't connect to steam probably because i forgot my password(lost a pw sheet last year). I need to contact them. But, seriously, this game is clearly over anyway.

Wow, look at the capital of Warsaw. Culture game only works if capital capture is banned.

That's it for me...i tried to play the cultural guy and RStark played the warlord guy.
I realized a long time ago that it would be very hard to beat Poland in the pure culture game, even playing as Brazil. So I chose to pretend to be working for Culture Victory, but planned a military invasion of Poland since Brazil discovered oil.
Sorry for deceiving you in my intention. :rolleyes:

I also think that it's time to end this game because Brazil has become nearly unstoppable from winning this game. Does everyone agree with us?

I am grateful to all the participants for a very interesting game. I have really enjoyed playing with you.

Hello guys!

I have completed my turn-by-turn detailed and profound AAR for Brazil. It has been written for more than a year in a form of some Let's Play. The text and corresponding content have been added along with the progress of events in this GMR game. The AAR includes:
- a turn-by-turn description of significant events in the game;
- turn-by-turn screenies and GMR save files (without password) from the game;
- a turn-by-turn strategical decision making in the fields of peaceful development, military preparation & planning and other activities;
- discussion of future plans and strategical decisions with other forum members of the russian civ community (yeah, I have had a big advantage over other participants of this GMR game by getting plenty of advices and suggestions from nonparticipants :p );
- some jokes and emoticons to make the AAR text more tasty.

The link to this AAR:
http://www.civfanatics.ru/threads/11108-Моя-культурная-игра-на-GMR
It has been written in Russian, but I think that you can grasp basic meaning and ideas planted into the text by making use Google Translator.

I hope that you find it interesting to read through.

I checked pictures instead...translation is so bad! :lol:

What happened to Spain? He should have setted differently.

Liked your start. I would have placed my 2nd city riverside instead it looked awful in first place. Capital was a beast he pulled everything needed to achieve victory.

If i was Spain i would have clinched rush your 3rd city and landlock you :)

@Tabarnak
It seems that I have completely forgotten some details of the history of this game, so I had to reread my own AAR to be able to reply to your questions. :lol:

What happened to Spain? He should have setted differently.
When Spain (PrimEval) settled his second city near my capital, and I settled my third city near his capital, the war was nearly inevitable. But I made an agreement with Spain to live peacefully till turn #150. This agreement included some points, that stated that Brazil should not settle any cities west from Barcelona while Spain should send a missionary to Brazil ASAP, because I badly wanted to spread the spanish religion in two of my cities.
About ten turns passed after Spain established its religion, but I didn't get a missionary from Spain. I wrote about this fact to PrimEval, but he didn't reply. So I decided that our agreement was terminated and begin planning & preparing for invasion of Spain.
In the middle of the preparation to war, I was contacted by EEE, who proposed to double DoW Spain. Certainly I liked this idea. :p
In the preparation phase, I used a double upgrade strategy against Spain. I positioned four archers and two spearmen near Salvador (my third city) which was close to the spanish capital and beelined Machinery. I timed the attack on Madrid with the completion of this tech, so I can assume that the attack was quite unexpected for PrimEval. He completed the research of the same tech just three turns after me. However, Madrid was attacked by four crossbows, a horseman and a pike, that was enough to kill two spanish crossbows who defended the city.
When we DoWed Spain, it had three cities: Madrid, Barcelona and Sevilla. Madrid was seized by Brazil, while Sevilla was taken by the Ottomans (EEE). I believe that EEE didn't suppose that Brazil would attack Madrid rather than Barcelona, while I didn't predict that the main goal of EEE in this war was seizure of Madrid. Madrid was a very juicy city (three world wonders and a good riverside location) then, and we didn't see any other way to divide it between us except by means of war... :crazyeye:
Eventually I had to advance on Barcelona, which acted as a thorn on my ass, and at the same time defend Madrid from the Ottomans. The Great Wall helped me a lot. :smoke:

Liked your start. I would have placed my 2nd city riverside instead it looked awful in first place. Capital was a beast he pulled everything needed to achieve victory.
Yeah, I have settled my capital between two pools of water to get some strategical advantage. Afterwards it turned out some kind of historical Constantinople, a trading and strategic hub between Black Sea and Mediterranean Sea, between Europe and the Middle East.

If i was Spain i would have clinched rush your 3rd city and landlock you
Spain settled its third city Sevilla so close to Istambul and landlocked the Ottomans. So the peace with Brazil was beneficial for Spain, because PrimEval already had EEE after him.

It seems that I have completely forgotten some details of the history of this game, so I had to reread my own AAR to be able to reply to your questions. :lol:

Hehe well i hope that you didnt spend too much hours to reread all this! :)

About ten turns passed after Spain established its religion, but I didn't get a missionary from Spain. I wrote about this fact to PrimEval, but he didn't reply. So I decided that our agreement was terminated and begin planning & preparing for invasion of Spain.

Really? Because he didnt spread his religion to you then it was time to go at war? :lol: Very funny stuff...

In the middle of the preparation to war, I was contacted by EEE, who proposed to double DoW Spain. Certainly I liked this idea. :p
In the preparation phase, I used a double upgrade strategy against Spain.

I can imagine PrimE pissed by this situation. Double upgrade...did you get some funds from EEE as well?

Eventually I had to advance on Barcelona, which acted as a thorn on my ass, and at the same time defend Madrid from the Ottomans. The Great Wall helped me a lot. :smoke:

Who DoWed first?

Yeah, I have settled my capital between two pools of water to get some strategical advantage. Afterwards it turned out some kind of historical Constantinople, a trading and strategic hub between Black Sea and Mediterranean Sea, between Europe and the Middle East.

How can you see all these details? All i can see is a bunch of tiles stickied together :p

And near the end i got pissed as well...at least the pain didnt last long.

Ok my turn now...here is a big resume of what happened through all these months...

Spoiler :
No war, culture building/wonders...then you attacked me...game over. :king:

My pick for Ottoman was to warlord into victory, but the capital location was not helpful at all, inland sea with no possible use of ships on other capital except Madrid. I should attack France first but I was too kind to believe that Foffaran and I had some mutual understsnding of each other, only to be betrayed by him :p

My choice of piety start was also epic fail. Keep that in mind.

Hehe well i hope that you didnt spend too much hours to reread all this!
Now I realize that I have written blankets and blankets of text for this AAR, so it certainly needs to be structured.
The matter is that I don't have anyone in RL to discuss my gameplay experience, because neither my friends nor relatives enjoy video games. So I had a strong desire to share and discuss my thoughts, feelings and vivid experience that I pass through while taking part in some competitive GMR game.

Really? Because he didnt spread his religion to you then it was time to go at war? Very funny stuff...
It was a part of our peaceful agreement. How could I believe that Spain would be peaceful, if PrimE didn't even care to send a missionary according to the agreement?

I can imagine PrimE pissed by this situation. Double upgrade...did you get some funds from EEE as well?
No, I didn't get any funding from EEE.
All the gold required for upgrades was accumulated by a trade vessel, not being able to complete Chichen Itza :crazyeye: and other activities.

Who DoWed first?
I had to DoW EEE, because I sent a chariot to Sevilla invaded by the Ottomans, in order to gather intelligence of the advancing turkish army and fleet.

How can you see all these details? All i can see is a bunch of tiles stickied together
I watched usage of some similar strategy in Yurius' youtube channel. Some guy settled a city between two basins of water, as I did in this game. Then he got an opportunity to send food/hammer vessels from cities situated on the shore of the first basin to cities positioned on the shore of the second basin and visa versa. That was amazing!
My previous game experience told me to settle Rio on the riverside, but I just wanted to experiment and see what would happen, if I tried to make use of this risky strategy.

No war, culture building/wonders...then you attacked me...game over.
I think that you didn't play at full of your strength. Because I watched through the eyes of my spies that your citizens worked on two-three unimproved tiles in nearly every polish city.

I should attack France first but I was too kind to believe that Foffaran and I had some mutual understsnding of each other, only to be betrayed by him
I believe that it was very difficult for Foffaren to resist the temptation of betraying you, when I offered him to cede both of turkish cities in the case of successful war. :p

I think that you didn't play at full of your strength. Because I watched through the eyes of my spies that your citizens worked on two-three unimproved tiles in nearly every polish city

I agree that i was short of workers a bit. That wasn't a big deal though. My game would have been strong enough if only you would have struggled at war on your continent instead of whiping everyone in a flash dance.

Of course, being more cautious and don't ''deviating'' too much from the standard way of play would have surely make me survive a lot more turns but your production and power was already too strong. It was a matter of time before you could get into my territory.

And i realized that i hate culture games! :lol:

Top Bottom