resync errors

Sharples

Prince
Here is an issue that has been annoying me for the past month.

Here is my original thread: http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?414186-Re-Sync-Issue

I tried getting help there, however the people are suggesting that I get Evolve, which I am not a fan of. I want to play MultiPlayer without downloading any VPN of sort, for a month I've been getting this re-sync issue where, in MultiPlayer, the game acts as if it is going to re-sync, where the music stops and the leader screen shows up. However I am facing the problem of where the game just crashes for me during the re-sync, it doesn't go into the leader screen, but the music stops, as it tries to go into the leader screen to re-sync.

I have not had this issue before December, other players seem to be able to pass the re-sync when I'm host (or not). Why does it keep crashing only for me? I have tried not clicking anything and wait for five minutes, but the game just freezes up and I can't do anything for the re-sync to happen.

This usually happens or the game will just act like a frozen picture, with the turn timer stuck on 0.

Any advice would be much appreciated. I have tried turning the graphics settings down to low and I have tried Windowed screen and Full Screen, but this still happens.

(If I did place this thread in the wrong section, I am sorry. Getting used to being new here :D)

Thanks. :crazyeye:

"Other players seem to be able to pass the re-sync when I'm host (or not)."

I tried that but the same occurs. I think this is something to do with my computer, but I don't know what is causing the issue. :confused:

this issue is mostly caused by playing in window mode.

happens a lot to me too

And I m using Evolve :/

I think part of the problem is that alot of evolve users don't have legit version..

this issue is mostly caused by playing in window mode.

I tried using full screen mode too but the problem still persists, I have even tried doing a complete fresh re-install of Civilization V AND Re-validated all my files.

Also a lot of users are pirating, so if Evolve is part of a pirating thing, I do not want to be part of it. :)

Is anyone else having this problem in MP games?
Game will continually dump players back to the loading screen every few ticks.
Have not been able to figure out what triggers this.

This makes MP virtually unplayable, I've had 5 games already ruined by this.

Any insight into how this can be fixed would be helpful.
I haven't had this problem so frequently until the new patch came out.

The resync bug keeps popping up every 7 moves reloading constantly. Because of this people simply quit. The host crash bug hasn't been even looked at, which was the bigger break then trade exploit. And this is why I will not even consider buying BE.

Yeah, logs or it didn't happen.:p Sounds like you should verify your files. Did you play with mods?

Moderator Action: Moved to Multiplayer

Hi!

I play the game with a friend, we saved and aimed to continue today (28/10).

He joins the game just fine, but when we start it says for me to wait for his actions once I end my current turn, and meanwhile it says that he got to wait for me, and his turn were done as soon as we started the game.

To summarize: I can't end my turn, since I'm waiting for him. He can't end his, since he's waiting for me.

We are allies in this game and the AI opponent can't do their turn until we finish ours.

We tried having him leave the game and come back, but to no avail. We restarted the save a couple of times without success.

Help?

Regards
DreaderVII

Hi Dreader,
Could you post the save, please? If the problem is to be investigated by the devs, they'll need something to go on.:)

tried playing 20 multi games- ALL OF THEM resyn crashed withing 10 turns. Great job Sid, to badger people to buy ur new crap.

What I don't understand is why we have to do the work by sending log files, I understand it makes it easier. Does Civ not have people who work on this game. It is not peoples computers its the game after the patch. I can understand if its happening to 1 or 2 people but ur talking about 90% of games. I have not been able to play a game since the patch...I have spammed to the people on the Nq forums to come on here and provide the logs and I will as well if I figure out how to give them to you, but seriously, playing one 5 player game and you had no problems was like a needle in a haystack..I usually always play i the NQ channel but I've tried public games now too and same thing...Also if you ave to reload the game cause of crash, the host can not move his units while everyone else can and the game is broken from then on!

New post under this post --> go advanced --> manage attachments under additional options.:)

I was more interested in knowing if this was a wider problem or something that people with more MP experience are familiar with, or something that affects only a small subset of users. It has happened in every MP game I've attempted post-patch.

I will try a vanilla game to see if the effects are any different.

Top Bottom