Forum Game: Night of the Werewolves Discussion Thread

Kael

Deity
[TAB]There has been some unfriendliness on the forum lately. So to try to help Im going to run a little forum game inspired by Padre on a different forum. Im going to break my own offtopic rules to run this, please don't follow my bad example. ;)

Night of the Werewolves

Intro:

[TAB]October 27th: Foxford is a tiny village on the outskirts of the Elohim empire. Largely forgotten by anyone of consequence its surrounding fur and deer camps are its only real value. Still the villagers of Foxford are a decent, if not overly supersticious, lot and are accustomed to seeing their children raised to go off to wars they never return from.

[TAB]Foxford was quiet until the arrival of a traveler from the elven lands. This was no elf, but a man named Duin who carried a thick oak cudgel and quite a few gold coins. Unaccustomed to wealthy travelers the backwater inn and tavern were delighted to have his company, and sorry to see him go the following day. They wouldn't know until later that this man left more than gold in the village.

The Game:

[TAB]While in Foxford, Duin turned three of the villagers into werewolves. Every night these three will turn into werewolves and kill a villager of their choice. The next morning the death will be announced and the villagers will be able to vote on who should be lynched. The person with the most votes is lynched and I will reveal if that person was a werewolf, a villager or the prophet.

Being a Werewolf:

[TAB]All three werewolves will know who each other are and will have to come to concensus each night on who they want to kill. Outside of that they act as normal villagers, are able to vote for lynching and even be mayor.

Being the Prophet:

[TAB]The prophet is able to ask me if any player is a werewolf once each night and I will respond honestly to the question. As such he is the villages greatest weapon against random killing (if he can stay alive).

Being the Mayor:

[TAB]The Mayor breaks all ties for lynching. If the mayor is killed, he picks a new mayor.

Voting:

[tab]All votes must be in bold or I will ignore them.

Winning:

[TAB]If the game gets down to the point where there are an equal amount of werewolves to villagers the werewolves win. If all of the werewolves are killed the village wins.

[TAB]There is no prize to the game, just the fun of playing.

The Rules:

1. The dead do not speak. Once you have been killed you are out of the game. Please don't share information with anyone else about the game (until it's over) either in the forum or outside of it.

2. Outside of the above rule, post whatever you want. You can claim to be the prophet, you can make up lies about other players. Lying isn’t just allowed, its encouraged.

3. All of the roles are randomly assigned. The prophet could be the bar wench, the village idiot could be one of the werewolves. I roled dice to determine them so don't get to caught up on job titles.

4. You cannot forward PM's, use screenshots, etc to make your argument. So you could post that the prophet has contacted you in secret and told you whatever, but you cant post a screenshot of his PM, or forward that PM to anyone else. Stick just to diplomacy and deception to make your case.

The Roles:

[TAB]Acolyte Loki- Has only been in Foxford for a month, recently assigned here from Cahir Abbey
[TAB]Bar Wench Ploeperpengel- Works in the Gauls Breath Tavern
[TAB]Blacksmith Grillick- More accustomed to making nails and farming implements than weapons
[TAB]Carpenter Lorgen- Husband of the Seamstress
[TAB]Cobbler Nikis-Knight- Shoemaker
[TAB]Farmer Woodelf- Farm owner and husband of the Herbalist
[TAB]Farmhand Dreiche2- Has been helping to turn the nearby land into wheat fields
[TAB]Herbalist Sureshot- Wife of the Farmer
[TAB]Hunter Teg Navanis- Foxfords most capable fighter, but even he couldn't stand up to a werewolf at night
[TAB]Innkeeper Frozen-Vomit- Owner of the Scratch 'n Thistle inn
[TAB]Mayor Thealien_83- Foxfords leader
[TAB]Merchant Civkid1991- Traveling merchant that arrived in Foxford the same day Duin did
[TAB]Seamstress- Wife of the Carpenter
[TAB]Shepard QES- Tends to the sheep herds
[TAB]Stableboy- Works in the stable, son of the Blacksmith
[TAB]Stablemaster Unser- Owner of the stable
[TAB]Tanner Xuenay- retired hunter, now a tanner and leatherworker
[TAB]Tavern Owner Deathling- Bartender and owner of the Gauls Breath tavern
[TAB]Village Idiot Corlindale- Drunk and nair-do-well
[TAB]Wainwright Eerr- Wagon maker

Names that aren't in bold are still available for players.

How to Play:

[TAB]I need 20 players. To join, just respond in this thread saying you want to play and which role you want (first come first serve). After all of the spots are filled I will send out messages telling the werewolves and prophet who they are and starting a new thread to handle the actual game.

Deathling said:
Ummm, isn't this a simple card game?

Yeap, its based on the Mafia premiss.

Deathling said:
I'm willing to join...

K, I need to know what Role you want.

I'll be the Tavern Owner. I thought it was random though...

^%$#$@ slow work ISP. I picked the Tavern and it took 3 minutes to post! :p

Farmer works for me, so long as the wife is hot. ;)

But I have no idea what I'm doing...

Deathling said:
I'll be the Tavern Owner. I thought it was random though...

The werewolves and prophet role are random. I've added some "flavor" stuff in to make it more interesting (such as the village roles).

we call this "town of Palermo" game.

what will be the pace of your game? i'm afraid that my CE Time isn't very good

TheBoatman said:
we call this "town of Palermo" game.

what will be the pace of your game? i'm afraid that my CE Time isn't very good

As long as you can check in once per day read what has happened and vote you should be good.

ok, then i'd like to be the acolyte

EDIT: sorry to make chaos in it but i just checked emails i have to be out because of work next week, so sorry, IGNORE the post (Murphy's law of timing :mad: :mad: :mad: )

K, no problem, 16 slots left to fill.

I would play, but I'm going to be out of town after Wednesday. :(

I guess I'll just watch with interest. I have no idea how long you intend this game to last, but maybe I'll be able to join once I get back.

Chandrasekhar said:
I would play, but I'm going to be out of town after Wednesday. :(

I guess I'll just watch with interest. I have no idea how long you intend this game to last, but maybe I'll be able to join once I get back.

Mathmatically it cant last past about 10 turns. Assuming at the very slowest that is 10 real days, but I suspect it will go much faster than that.

Top Bottom