Need 3ds Max 7

surdanis

Sergeant
Unfortunately, as many of you may know, there is no way to get 3ds Max 7. If it's out there, I can't find it. If anybody knows where I can get it... or if it can be uploaded by some kind person, I'd love to get my hands on it. The Civ 4 plugins don't seem to be compatible with anything but 6 or 7, and I have only 2008.

I have the trial version file, but what I am using Atm is Gmax, same in modeling but still no animations. :(

The newest Nif plugins work with it, so that is a huge help. I use Gmax to Model, and Blender to UV map as it has many, many more options for spreading the UV coordinates.

Cool, thanks.

BTW, until I actually start making my own models, are you interested in making some for my in-progress UN Mod? I see you like ships. Perhaps you could make a hospital ship or something white for the seagoing Peacekeeping Forces. Mind you, they don't have destroyers or other offensive vessels, far as I know. Air units are great, too.

Asio expressed interest, though I am mostly looking for recolors. I asked him if he can make a Black Hawk since I've never seen for Civ 4.

Got any ideas/suggestions you'd like to contribute?

Here is the link: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=265993

I have seen that! I am planning on creating a Titanic model in the near future, I know one of her sister ships was converted to a hospital ship. If I did two skins for it, would that work?

I have seen that! I am planning on creating a Titanic model in the near future, I know one of her sister ships was converted to a hospital ship. If I did two skins for it, would that work?

Great idea! I love that ship. What a classic. But is there any actual history of the ship being used a hospital ship? I don't it matter much, but it should work. I will definitely credit you big time for that since it's a custom make.

Good news is I've introduced a significant game balancer to the mod. I will be uploading a complete mod here soon to include all the existing and currently unavailable units with the major fix to how you can build them. But I may hold off until your unit is finished, depending on how long it takes.

I think the UN really leaves the Oceans for Sovereign nations to patrol while concentrating on the land. If they do need a task force, they use other nations ships, this is for the simple reason I doubt they could support even one vessel of war..

well, you are welcome to make a hospital ship for all of us, anyway. maybe i can come up with another use for it :)

in the meantime, you should google some other possibilities. thanks for the help thus far!

here's one i've never seen:

UN Mobility Vehicle

I wonder if that's up your alley.

If not, that's ok. I did notice, however, that you also did human models. If that's the case, I was looking to also make a Crusades Mod. Let me know if you're interested in medieval unit modding.

I do find vehicles, and humans to extent somewhat tricky. Thank you the offer of the Crusade thing, but at the moment I will have to decline the honours, I am involved in some other things at the moment..

Can you guys tell me where i can find Gmax? I googled it and poked around, found an installer for it, installed it, and got xmlfox. I still don't know what the hell is going on there. but yeah. Know where i can get it?

Try here. There is something about something else installing, I think you have to have the "gmax12.exe" in a folder with no other "setup.exe" file in it. It is hard to explain, but that messes up the self extractor.

Hopefully that helps.
Thank you, I like my sig also. ;)

*cries* what gives? It tells me I have to register at turbo squid to get access to the program, and to register i hafta pay. i thought it was free?

Really? I registered for free. If I have to I can upload the file somewhere for you.

Top Bottom