Tech industry general discussion thread

Do people really spend more than a minute a day arranging their thermostat?

You live alone, right? :lol:

But for the storage question - I have a microSD card the size of my thumbnail (that would readily fit inside my old calculator watch) that holds 32GB of music. That is (if my math is correct) 10000 mp3 songs. Is that really too few, and/or am I too :old: because I remember portable CD and cassette tape players that held a dozen or so songs?

I get complaints about processing power and network bandwidth, because hey, technology. But complaints about storage capacity leave me wondering, when I can store the Library of Congress on my laptop.

My music library is nearly entirely in FLAC format, 32GB only holds around 1000 tracks. And I don't like juggling media - trying to predict what I'll want to listen to, and then deleting stuff I don't want and copying over stuff I might want - it's far more convenient to just have everything available.

My music library is nearly entirely in FLAC format, 32GB only holds around 1000 tracks. And I don't like juggling media - trying to predict what I'll want to listen to, and then deleting stuff I don't want and copying over stuff I might want - it's far more convenient to just have everything available.

Convert it to mp3, then. :p

I'm always logged into my Google account since their search is basically unusable with Google Instant enabled. :(

Also, I like how Google is extrapolating tablet sales:

So, overall tablet sales for 2014 were ~230 million, Q4 2014 saw fewer tablets sell than Q4 2013, Apple sold fewer tablets in 2014 than they did in either 2012 or 2013, and PCs sold ~310 million in 2014, essentially flat with 2013 sales.

You live alone, right? :lol:

But for the storage question - I have a microSD card the size of my thumbnail (that would readily fit inside my old calculator watch) that holds 32GB of music. That is (if my math is correct) 10000 mp3 songs. Is that really too few, and/or am I too :old: because I remember portable CD and cassette tape players that held a dozen or so songs?

I get complaints about processing power and network bandwidth, because hey, technology. But complaints about storage capacity leave me wondering, when I can store the Library of Congress on my laptop.
This reminded me of something that pissed me off....
MP3 players for sale in those bubble machines (where you put in a quarter and a plastic bubble with a trinket inside pops out).

I remember paying over $100 for a crappy MP3 player that held maybe 30 songs.

And now they give those away for a fracking quarter! :mad:

(yeah yeah I know the transition towards better, faster, smaller, cheaper hardware is awesome but still)

Top Bottom