Problems disabling techs?

irishjpm153

Chieftain
Hey everyone, I'm new to Civfanatics as well as to modding civ4. I've been having trouble disabling techs- I went into the assets/xml/technologies folder and edited CIV4TechInfos.xml so that all the technologies I wanted to disable (everything above the classical era) were set to <bdisable>1</bdisable>. When I launched warlords, it tells me there was a parsing error with the file, and then continues to give me a seemingly infinite list of errors involving technology. Does anyone have any ideas why this won't work? Thanks in advance.

Thanks!

I realized my error- editing in microsoft word is a bad idea. I downloaded a proper xml editor (editix) and the game is now functioning properly.

I do, however, have one other question. If I wanted to keep the game in the classical era, but wanted theology, could I theoretically change the era of theology to classical and maintain all the classical graphics?

Thanks again.

I do, however, have one other question. If I wanted to keep the game in the classical era, but wanted theology, could I theoretically change the era of theology to classical and maintain all the classical graphics?

:yup: that will work.

Top Bottom