Bug reports and technical issues

Portugal can't build Trading Company for some reason. I guess there's something wrong with its unique Trading Company.
I've rolled a Portugal start, WB'ed myself Astronomy and could build it without problems.

I've rolled a Portugal start, WB'ed myself Astronomy and could build it without problems.

:sad: I'll check what's wrong with my game.

I can build Trading Company now with the new update. But it was indeed impossible before. Anyway the problem is solved.

During coding of the 2nd UU/UB modcomp, I noticed the following. Some of the 1st UU (especially new DoC-Civs) will get the vanilla units when they get a city by congress or with the conquerors-event, instead of their UU.

Also, I noticed that some UU can (in theory) become a merc. Not only the DoC-Civ-UUs, but also the Egyptian War Chariot and the American Navy SEAL. The gunship can also become a merc.

Also, I noticed that some UU can (in theory) become a merc. Not only the DoC-Civ-UUs, but also the Egyptian War Chariot and the American Navy SEAL. The gunship can also become a merc.

You can hire a lot of mercenary UUs, Camel Archers for one more example.

And the Aztecs can hire Knights (War Elephants?) to fend off my conquerors. I was like ???

I'm not sure if this is bug or not - i have Hinduism in one city, and only there i could build Angkor Wat (hope it's the right name), however i could build Taj Mahal (it's also Hindu wonder, right?) in city without this religion, other wonders could have been build only in the city with the "right" religion.

Another small bug, i'm using "settler spam" to keep expansion stability positive, usually two waves. Here is explanation what i mean:

Spoiler :

As Germany i usually raze lot of cities, because they are overlapping each other, or they are plainly useless (also very bad for research after 10th city). So usually around 16-18 century i'm starting to be shaky (and have around 10 cities), and if i'm fast enough, i wait for Cristo Redentor to avoid anarchy, then switch to resettlement. Before it i of course all the time producing settlers if i have time, let's say around ~30 and placing them in various terrible locations (Siberia, Australian desert, Canada, south Africa, or later on the 1 tile islands in Pacific). In one round i build all 30 cities, and give all of them away (also sabotaging enemies giving them the worst), which gives great expansion boost. Then i'm going after the UHV, which is again lot of razing, and expanding lot over the "normal" limit (i'm talking about abroad tiles in source code), and again in free time producing settlers, and repeat the settler spam / giving away etc...

However after cca 80th city or so the city name manager went mad (i guess it ran out of Germany city names), and started using all various foreign city names like Teotihuacan, or Portland, which obviously aren't German names. Also on city was named "Unknown city name" or something like that - can give you exact location, but don't know now (maybe this could cause the error?).

I'm not sure if this is bug or not - i have Hinduism in one city, and only there i could build Angkor Wat (hope it's the right name), however i could build Taj Mahal (it's also Hindu wonder, right?) in city without this religion, other wonders could have been build only in the city with the "right" religion.

Another small bug, i'm using "settler spam" to keep expansion stability positive, usually two waves. Here is explanation what i mean:

Spoiler :

As Germany i usually raze lot of cities, because they are overlapping each other, or they are plainly useless (also very bad for research after 10th city). So usually around 16-18 century i'm starting to be shaky (and have around 10 cities), and if i'm fast enough, i wait for Cristo Redentor to avoid anarchy, then switch to resettlement. Before it i of course all the time producing settlers if i have time, let's say around ~30 and placing them in various terrible locations (Siberia, Australian desert, Canada, south Africa, or later on the 1 tile islands in Pacific). In one round i build all 30 cities, and give all of them away (also sabotaging enemies giving them the worst), which gives great expansion boost. Then i'm going after the UHV, which is again lot of razing, and expanding lot over the "normal" limit (i'm talking about abroad tiles in source code), and again in free time producing settlers, and repeat the settler spam / giving away etc...

However after cca 80th city or so the city name manager went mad (i guess it ran out of Germany city names), and started using all various foreign city names like Teotihuacan, or Portland, which obviously aren't German names. Also on city was named "Unknown city name" or something like that - can give you exact location, but don't know now (maybe this could cause the error?).

^ Taj Mahal requires Islam, not Hinduism.

Settler Spam is a valid strategy to farm Stability. However, it stops working after you reach a certain number of cities (25~30 depending on your Stability Map) - you'll suddenly hit a massive (-50 to -100) Stability drop like it's some kind of invisible ceiling.

What's the bug you're referring to now? Using names of other civs is normal procedure when your own list is exhausted, and your settler spam strategy is an exploit at worst (I'd try to get rid of it but I don't know how to prevent it. Ideally the AI shouldn't accept these cities).

Spoiler :

Is it normal for France to found Orthodoxy when Byzantium and Russia are still alive? Byzantium lost it's capital, though, and is a vassal on top of that.

Spoiler :

Mongol hordes reached Byzantium, auto-declared on Byzantines, Byzantium is a vassal of Greece but Greece doesn't declare on Mongolia.

Those damn French are starting to annoy me.

What's the bug you're referring to now? Using names of other civs is normal procedure when your own list is exhausted, and your settler spam strategy is an exploit at worst (I'd try to get rid of it but I don't know how to prevent it. Ideally the AI shouldn't accept these cities).

Sorry didn't know it's not bug... I agree the AI is pretty stupid in this case (seriously who would accept over 10 crappy cities in desert/tundra just because he can have it), however they have different advantages, especially on emperor (e.g. modifiers), so you have to beat it somehow, right? It's not like i hacked the game to do this ;)

Spoiler :

How come my vassal (Khmer) can declare war on India and drag me into it? :confused: So confused. This is not caused by some random event.

OK, problems here:
Spoiler :

Constantinople is captured by barbarians, so the Byzantines are supposed to collapse, instead the barbarians are collapsing (which means nothing).

Then Orthodoxy is founded Ankyra, which is good. But Greece's long dead now, how are they converting to Orthodoxy?

The first problem has been around for a long time, the one who just conquered the city shouldn't be collapsing, the previous city owner should. But now there's the problem that Byzantium can't collapse.

Minor plague bug - i still get the reports about units being killed, even if they can't die by plague anymore. (To be specific - spies in foreign cities.)

Edit: Protestantism is founded, but I don't have any Catholic cities, is this reformation popup normal?
Spoiler :

There was some python exception popup before this screenshot, but I missed them.

Also in my last game Italian respawn went wrong, actually Rome respawned, and died within a few turns. Then I noticed the dead civ name was Lombard League.
Spoiler :

Minor Space ship bug - can't access the Space ship screen... i only see yellowish text in upper left corner (also blocking research rate + - buttons :( )... "You have build xxx add it to your spaceship.", if i go to victory screen and click on "View" button for space victory, the screen disappear and the text change to something else, however the spaceship screen is not visible. (Sorry for reporting so many small bugs, i hope you don't mind...).

@Fresol: It's actually Italy that respawned, it's just that the leader change didn't work for some reason. I've already committed an (attempted) fix for this and the Reformation problems (both the error and that you get it without Catholic cities).

@Fresol: It's actually Italy that respawned, it's just that the leader change didn't work for some reason. I've already committed an (attempted) fix for this and the Reformation problems (both the error and that you get it without Catholic cities).

I experienced a similar think with Persia respawning (though it didn't collapse and did eventually got the right LH)

I have it with almost every nation, their classical leader just happily lives on. They change after +-5 turns, though.
Examples:
Coptic Kingdom under Cleopatra
Iran under Darius
Post-Mongol China under Qin Shi Huang

Top Bottom