Bug reports and technical issues

Leoreth, I think this line in Thailand's Victory code

bSouthAsia = self.isAreaFreeOfCivs(tSouthAsiaTL, tSouthAsiaBR, [iIndia, iKhmer, iIndonesia, iMughals, iThailand])

Must be changed into

bSouthAsia = self.isAreaFreeOfCivs(tSouthAsiaTL, tSouthAsiaBR, [iIndia, iTamils, iKhmer, iIndonesia, iMughals, iThailand])

in order for the Tamils to be considered a native civ.

Hey Leoreth,

First of all, I want to say I named my Nord stormcloak in Skyrim Leoroth =P. I think it's a good Nordic name that isn't too... Yngvrgysprffy.
Haha :) That's actually pretty funny because I started using this name for my first WoW character ...

Secondly, I tested some more of the civilization, and found yeah, every single civilization I played cannot open world builder after a certain point. (A few turns after spawning). I know you have a lot to do, but perhaps it's another embassy bug?

Also! By can't open, I mean crash to desktop if I try.
I've already checked and it's not the usual embassy bug. I'll keep an eye on it.

Leoreth, I think this line in Thailand's Victory code

bSouthAsia = self.isAreaFreeOfCivs(tSouthAsiaTL, tSouthAsiaBR, [iIndia, iKhmer, iIndonesia, iMughals, iThailand])

Must be changed into

bSouthAsia = self.isAreaFreeOfCivs(tSouthAsiaTL, tSouthAsiaBR, [iIndia, iTamils, iKhmer, iIndonesia, iMughals, iThailand])

in order for the Tamils to be considered a native civ.
You're right, thanks.

Keep getting these two python exceptions, one during and one at the end of the autoturns. Nothing after that.
Spoiler :

Yes, had them too, will commit the fix soon.

Its probably been this way for a while, but the Roman goal in the victory tracker still says Western Roman Empire instead of Roman Empire.

Four turns after starting a Chinese 600 start, I decided to go back to the main menu. Bam, crash to desktop. Isn't that bad, but perhaps that can help with... Something, I dunno.. Maybe you can make a better microwave with that info. :blush:

Does the crash still happen on the most recent revision?

Does the crash still happen on the most recent revision?

Yeah, that was most recent version. It seems to be really random now. I could try in 1000; crash. I could go back 3 turns from an autosave; crash. I try a turn after autosave; crash. But TWO turns (aaah, yes, what a twist) is completely fine.

I tried experimenting with all I could think of. I killed off Tibet, I built an embassy.. :sad: It isn't often enough to need to be worked on though. It happens for a string of times, then everything is fine for a few hundred years.

I've already replaced Tibet's embassy graphics with China's in a recent commit so that shouldn't be the issue ...

No, its wrong. Roman roads are being used under all cities either because they offer better movement or they come after road and railroad in the code. I'm not quite sure where the file is though...

It would be nice if you could do something where if there was a Roman Road it keeps it and if none, it does a regular road.

Also, I'm guessing this shouldn't be a very often occurrence, but:
Spoiler :

It may be related to this?
Spoiler :

The Mughals aren't flipping anything when they spawn. They get Delhi, and they're stuck as a one-tile civ with 99% Indian culture. They also have practically no army and no techs.

Edit: This is SVN revision 414.

On the Roman roads under cities: Roman roads have a higher priority than normal roads (so Praetorians know to replace them and workers don't remove them). The game doesn't know that Romans are the only ones that are supposed to build them, because improvements are not tied to civs. Since cities automatically get the best road available with your current tech, you see them everywhere, VD or no VD.

I'm about to commit a fix for that, though. Then a city will only act as if it has Roman road if it's a Roman city or next to a Roman road.

@Hippo8085: Forgot to ask, which city where you trying to build before the first error message popped up?

The Mughals aren't flipping anything when they spawn. They get Delhi, and they're stuck as a one-tile civ with 99% Indian culture. They also have practically no army and no techs.

Edit: This is SVN revision 414.
Sounds like you got an SVN exception in the meantime.

@Hippo8085: Forgot to ask, which city where you trying to build before the first error message popped up?

None, it was during Portugal Auto turns.

Damn, I'm trying for a while to find out which city this is but since the error message isn't very helpful I had hoped someone has finally caused this error on his own.

Yes, I don't want to count to 5471 either.

Anyways, that line in City name manager looks like this, though suppose you already know that.

if (sName == 'Kushiro'):
city.setName('Chuanlu', False)

Based on a glance at line 125 in CvRFCEventManager it may have to do with Roman roads replacing regular roads when cities are founded unless it was there before that.

That can't be right. It's not in the rename city method, that would be easy. It's the assign name method, which is used when a new city is founded. The problem is that I need to know the location in the city name map where the incorrect name is read, but the exception only shows me where the method is called that reads the city name map.

Yes, Kushiro is a seldom settled single Japanese tile, so it seems odd that it would cause an exception like that.

Top Bottom