Steam just gave me a free Civ 5 Copy.

I got a copy of Civ IV, but Steam was a bit vague on what the actual snafu was. All I got out of it was that they put BNW on sale, and I presume that wasn't the problem. Can anyone clue me in?

I got a copy of Civ IV, but Steam was a bit vague on what the actual snafu was. All I got out of it was that they put BNW on sale, and I presume that wasn't the problem. Can anyone clue me in?

They put Brave New World at something like 33% off, right after it launched (by accident). Kinda crappy for everyone who bought it full price, so they gave away a copy of Civ IV as compensation.

They put BNW in the summer sale for 30% off one, maybe two days after those who pre-ordered it got it for 10% off. Apparently it was indeed a mistake and wasn't supposed to be put on sale.

Too bad it's Civ IV vanilla. My copy's going to the kids next door, even though their parents have probably warned them that the weird nerd next door may offer them subversive cultural shocks, hehehe...

Oh. That kind of on sale, not just the we're selling it kind of on sale. Got it. Thank you.

Top Bottom