Best leader to dominate late-game against humans and how?

dumniezo

Chieftain
Hello there!

I have started playing this game 3-4 days ago and after beating the game twice (on easy and then normal) I invited 2 friends to play against each other. Turns out that both games that we played, one of us (a Civ Player for a long time but new to BNW) always managed to overtake us and have DOUBLE the score of both of us.
We tried to beat him togheter but there was no way, as he threw robots at us while we still had musketeers.

I am not a very skilled player, but I enjoy min-maxing everything I do, so here is my strategy:
I usually play Rome or the Shoshone. I start with a monument and then a worker for the faster policy and so I reach 2 workers very fast. I then make a caravan and make a new city. The moment that's done I start trading between them while I automate my workers and my warrior/scout to explore. Afterwards I just build whatever I need at that time...

Can someone please help me by recommanding maybe a better civ (No England, as we agreed that she is OP and we will not use it) and a good strategy to go with it?

I would appreciate it very much if You could also detaliate the first 20-25 turns so I can know how to properly begin a game...

I do not care what victory I will go for, as long as You explain a bit why...
(We do not fight much in the begging and we use no barbarians, we also play on Huge maps)

Thank You very much!

Bablyon imho. Nothing says I am going to kick your ass like a GS with writing.

Tech- Pottery-Writing. Plant that GS and you are Golden.

Build for huge map, Scout-Monument-Shrine If you do not like Religions skip shrine and try for GL.

Greece, assuming you wipe out venice. Your early-mid game bonus from being BFFs with as many city states as possible easily puts you ahead of anybody else in terms of pop, production, tech and military if you play your cards right. (ie filling out the patronage tree and keeping CSes happy for the multiple boosts you would recieve.)

Couple that with the fact that they have pretty OP early game UUs and that there is nothing holding them back late game, you've got a powerhouse. Greece has always been an underappreciated player. (People hate the AI but I never see any human scrambling to pick greece in online games)

With that many CSes under your hat, you can basically take your pick of any of the vic conditions and go as you please. If all else fails, just pump out a diplo.

Korea or Babylon. they have science bonus and in late game, you would be more effective as one of them. also America or Japan would be good choice too.

The Inca are a powerhouse around mountains (Which they always seem to start near). Plant those terrace farms around those mountains and watch your cities grow from that insane food and hammer yield. That, combined with no maintenance cost on hills and half costs everywhere else, and no movement penalty for ANY hill (Including forested or jungled ones) makes them just beast.

It's all about science. Build OCC,2 or 3 cities NC and focus on food trades early on. Then switch for gold trades. Beeline Education and bully cs around with a superior army. Almost same as GnK, excepted that you should take more turns to build caravans/cargos.

Best players can do artillery/cavs rush around 1200 AD. If you can do this, you can beat almost everyone on this kind of map.

Top Bottom