All 8 civs are destroyed except me and one more... can he achieve cultural victory?

Over the course of an amazingly bloody game on Diety, only Indonesia and I remain. His tourism is a bit higher than mine, and when another civ (America) was still in the game, a message popped up saying, "Indonesia needs to be influential with only one other civ in order to win a cultural victory!" America was later wiped out, and I'm worried that they will win in a rather lackluster way.

I am wondering... if it is only me and Indonesia, and let's say my culture output is terrible (which it is not), can they win over me? If so, doesn't Culture Victories undoubtedly become easier when there are LESS civs in the game?

Yeah, Cultural Victory is often the way Warmongers win... (chances are one of you will win by Cultural Victory first.... after you start taking the other civs great works.)

Over the course of an amazingly bloody game on Diety, only Indonesia and I remain. His tourism is a bit higher than mine, and when another civ (America) was still in the game, a message popped up saying, "Indonesia needs to be influential with only one other civ in order to win a cultural victory!" America was later wiped out, and I'm worried that they will win in a rather lackluster way.

I am wondering... if it is only me and Indonesia, and let's say my culture output is terrible (which it is not), can they win over me? If so, doesn't Culture Victories undoubtedly become easier when there are LESS civs in the game?

If Indonesia becomes influential with you, they win a culture victory and you loose.

If another civ (civ 1) becomes influential over you, be very careful about going to war with any civs that civ 1 is not influential over. It's possible to loose the game by wiping out the last civ that civ 1 is not influential with.

Maybe if you've got a Great Writer / Great Musician on hand, you could do something to stave it off a bit?

Top Bottom