Political Cartoons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha. Excellent Marla! :thumbsup:

I find it quite interesting how Bush or Uncle Sam gets depicted differently around the world. Don't know where yours are from but the authority figure in yours seems to resemble African and S. American dictators in appearance.

So here are somemore from Gomaa Farhat:

This one is just for you Marla :mischief:

Attachments

• navelgazing.gif
    navelgazing.gif
    52.5 KB · Views: 440
I'm guessing that the bearded thin man is supposed to be the United States and the smoke is meant to represent Iraq. The dark figure in the background represents Africa and the man to the right is Japan. The EU I'm guessing is supposed to be some kind of superhero? Can anyone please give me an explanation?

Everyone wants help from the EU but the EU is only looking into itself.

That's my interpretation of it anyway. :)

that's how I see it. Problems problems everywhere and the EU's not doing a thing

I see it that the figures are indeed the nations and troubles that Lord Almighty identified. Perhaps the man on the right in the suit represents economic and trade relation with China or East Asia, rather than just Japan.

The overall point of the piece I thought was: Whilst all this is going on in the world the EU is just naval gazing. It is not being as effective as it could be in military, trade and humanitarian relations and that is because it's spending so much of its energies on sorting itself out. There's nothing of the superhero in that.

I really like bennetts are work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom