Civ Voting Policy Discovery is Clunky

VSorceress

Chieftain
While I do enjoy the new diplomacy system, there are a couple of things I think could have been tweaked to avoid a person hopping from menu screen to menu screen.

Policy Enactments unknown: while I do like the concept sending your spies out to the other Civs to discover what they plan on voting for, as soon as you move your diplomat to another city, what u have discovered disappears from the world congress view. I think that upon "smooching" with the Civs should do the following:

- Discovery of Civs votes on enactments should show up on the notification screen (like they do if someone is plotting against another Civ). This would avoid having the player having to hop through menus and go straight to the Civ to barter if needed.

- Status of Civs voting stance of policies should remain in the world congress screen. What is the point of removing it from view? When u are dealing with a lot of Civs, I have to start writing down if the civ naturally voted for my favor.

I also noticed that when I asked for a Civ to vote for my policy, they did, however they also voted against it at the same time. I am firmly of the opinion that if you spent money or trade to capture a vote, that the Civ should not be able vote against it using his other delegate votes.

I also want to add that there should be a Notification of second policy in World CongressI only knew about it when I access the menu screen, but not when I'm setting my own policy to be brought to Congress.

Agreed. I would also like to see the predicted voting results more organized.

Have the Yay and Nay split down the middle and totaled by nation.

Yay Votes l Nay Votes l Unknown
---------------------------------------
USA (3) l France (4) l England (5)
Indonesia (3) l l Natives (1)

etc.

Agreed. I would also like to see the predicted voting results more organized.

Have the Yay and Nay split down the middle and totaled by nation.

Yay Votes l Nay Votes l Unknown
---------------------------------------
USA (3) l France (4) l England (5)
Indonesia (3) l l Natives (1)

etc.

I agree

I would also add that the mechanics only allows you to trade civ to vote once per session, do if I only do one policy and end the turn, I cannot go back and trade for another policy with the same Civ. This should be fixed

I agree

I would also add that the mechanics only allows you to trade civ to vote once per session, do if I only do one policy and end the turn, I cannot go back and trade for another policy with the same Civ. This should be fixed

Once you've traded for a Civ's votes, it doesn't have anymore votes to trade

Unless you get a era transition between trading voting.

Top Bottom