My Frigate strategy, now better with Zulu!

Watalatahuii

Chieftain
I really like frigates, and my strategy alway includes getting them as quickly as possible (before I even get swordsman) and try to own the seas. The key is getting them promoted past Targetting I and II or Bombard I and II so that you can get your Range +1. From there you no longer have to run home an heal since you can park outside a cities range and hit them every turn. From there the promotions go faster and then you get to Logistics and get two attacks per turn! The promotions really stack up after that, not to mention that A single Frigate can reduce a city, and a pair do it quickly. You only need to make sure you have the navy needed to secure the sea, but that shouldn't be a problem if you got to Frigates quickly.
Now, with the Zulu, I only need the three buildings in my city that give XP (Barracks, Armory, Military Academy) and I roll out new Frigates with those three promotions! Right off the bat, they can head out and attack a city from safely out of range!
This my not be for everybody, but I really like owning the sea. By the time I get Battleships, these bad boys are promoted as far as they can go and they get more powerful, one more range and indirect fire! It's awesome to have battle ships that dish out that damage at that range and can even move 7 to 9 hexes a turn! Also, with the extra shot per turn (Logistics) the extra benefit is that you can move, fire, move and fire again. Shooting doesn't necessarily end your turn because you have so many "movement points".
I just thought I would share since I hadn't seen this mentioned on here yet.

Top Bottom