What is your favorite Great Work of Writing quote?

Cissnei

Warlord
The quote that shows after you create a great work of writing? Do you have any favorite?

"Yesterday is but a dream,
Tomorrow is only a vision.
But today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness, and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Kalidasa

The quote that shows after you create a great work of writing? Do you have any favorite?

H.G. Wells, Time Machine

"The fact is, the Time Traveller was one of those men who are too clever to be believed: you never felt that you saw all round him; you always suspected some subtle reserve, some ingenuity in ambush, behind his lucid frankness."

This is my favorite so far:
From L. Frank Baum - The Wonderful Wizard of Oz:

"Oh - You're a very, very bad man!
Oh, no my dear. I'm a very good man. I'm just a very bad Wizard."

The person who reads these quotes is very good and i love his voice ^^ Very soothing and wise voice

"Living as I do with human beings, the more that I observe them, the more I am forced to conclude that they are selfish."

The list of quotes is in CIV5GameTextInfos_Great_Works_Expansion2.xml

Another one in light of what has been in the news this past month is:

"The hottest places in Hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality."

I don't care if the goverment spys on me! :worship: Well if civilization has taught me anything it is watch out for the guy with all the guns. ;)

Even if its weird to see it in english, Dumas will always be my favorite quote, ever:

*All for one and one for all, that is our device*

I like the quote from Dante's Divine Comedy. I don't know precisely how it goes, but it is something like this:

"The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who maintain their nuetrality in the presence of great evil."

My favorite without a doubt because it applies to me.

"Happy is the man who has broken the chains which hurt the mind,

and has given up worrying once and for all.

Be patient and tough; one day this pain will be useful to you."

"Living as I do with human beings, the more that I observe them, the more I am forced to conclude that they are selfish."

That's the one I was looking for. Always my favorite.

The one that says. ..

To save the village, leave the city,
To save the family, leave the house
To save the earth, leave the man

This work of writing i don't know by heart but it is familiar to one of the great works of writing in there that could give an idea about what the writing was talking about.

I like the quote from Dante's Divine Comedy. I don't know precisely how it goes, but it is something like this:

"The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who maintain their nuetrality in the presence of great evil."

That's not in the Divine Comedy. The Neutrals aren't even in Hell.

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.
- Sun Tzu

IDK if that's a great work of writing or a quote for one of the military techs. Either way, it's a great quote.

Edited for accuracy.

Top Bottom