Trading save games: an issue with not matching DLCs

Makavcio

Prince
I often trade save games with two friends of mine. This is a good way for them to learn better strategies because I let them observe a properly developed civs, or give them an interesting conundrum to solve on a higher diff level they usually play. The problem is, the game requires all DLCs to match on all of our machines.

It's obvious that if I were to play with Polynesia and one of my friends didn't have that DLC, he would be unable to use my saved game. The problem is that this also affects DLCs that are not used in a particular game. For example, I've got both "scrambled" DLCs and even though I used a standard map, neither of my friends could use my saves just because these DLCs were enabled when I started my game. The problem got even more drastic now, because they both used gold edition upgrade and it gave them some content I do not have, something other than civs or expansion packs. The only things I never buy are scenarios so I'm unable to load their saved games because my game lacs some completely unconnected to the particular game scenarios.

I know that I can disable downloadable content in game menu. I sometimes even remember about it when I start my game. C5 would be much more user-friendly if it either remembered my choice of dlcs and not reset it every time I restart the game (this would also noticeably reduce loading time on weaker machines when some content needs to be disabled), or saved games were checked for DLCs actually needed to run a particular save file.

I'm aware of the fact that it could be simply remedied by buying everything available but I'm already sponsoring these guys mentioned above and I do not sleep on money myself. Civ isn't exactly the cheapest game around when you sum up all preorders a civ-junkie like myself is bound to make.

I would really appreciate that if something was done with the issue. Making the game simply remember DLC choices seems as something really feasible.

Top Bottom