Whats your main civ

I'm yet to see that, they always always go Order whenever they happen to be on a map I'm playing :lol:

Those are just the commie leftist trying to pull a fast one. In all seriousness I usually go for a scientific victory, we got one in real life...we also got a cultural victory...and we house the UN...point is, I'm not a warmonger, but I like playing as the USA.

Domination: China, Germany or Persia. I like Mongolia and Arabia aswell.
Culture: Venice, France, Brazil
Diplomacy: Venice
Science: Inca, Korea, Babylon
For everything: Poland :crazyeye:

I picked venice for my first BNW game... and gosh do they make a lot of money

Quite a nice civ to play and may do so again, ironically they seem more geared to domination than science (i dont count diplomatic since buying city state votes seems cheesy)

England.

Lots of reasons, but the main reason I don't play the other civs very often nowadays is that the music gets on my nerves (I'm looking at you Arabia!).

I can't do Native American civs because that flute music drives me crazy. I can only tolerate it in small doses.

shoshone has great music hippie!

Failiing civilizations in deity and immortal are good at random. You can fail any civilization you want and not feel bad about it.

All the music in this game is simple amazing imo. The only one I don't like is the Babylon peace/war themes, but besides that pretty much every civ have great music. And Native American tracks are so beautiful and soothing, and Arabia's music rocks.

I have historically liked all the music but recently there was a new Civ I played that the war music annoyed me. To pop and didn't seem to fit in. It might have been Pedro II as that is my latest achievement. (Pedro's Party People)

I like to play as the Inca a lot. I have played a few games as Poland lately, and they've been great. Especially when I start off with a ton of salt.

I have historically liked all the music but recently there was a new Civ I played that the war music annoyed me. To pop and didn't seem to fit in. It might have been Pedro II as that is my latest achievement. (Pedro's Party People)

You didn't like Chega de Saudade? Blasphemy!

The most interesting way to win is Domination. But when you start leading in tech it becomes not that hard to take away most of civs.
Civ to make it with: I think it is okay to make Domination by any civ (even India and Venice but this is for those who loves ing up brains)

I hate Diplomacy Victory. But ironically i often do it just because i am tired of game (usually at certain moment i am leading in tech and military having all CS's as allies so this is the fastest way to finish predictable game).
Civs: all.

Scientific victory is quite enjoyable. It usually comes later than i could have DV but if i manage to do only this type of victory i do it without problems. Often there is some AI threatening to make a Cultural Victory, so sometimes if I don't do that good in game, there is still an intrigue.
Civs: all (though Babylon and Korea would be dull choice for this because they are scientific by default).

I did Cultural victory only once with Brazil. I think, cultural victory is more possible when you go into war with fluental civs and then generate much tourism and finally beat turtles by your cultural level. But, with Brazil, i made it without any wars in game (moreover, i was with England on one continent, it is weird that she ignored me the whole game).
In my games The Netherlands almost always go to CV.

Personally, the most of all I enjoy playing as Iroquois and Japan. Not just because of their UA's, for me they are very nice civs, maybe because those two are my first ones with which i was learning the game.

Also in my favorite list: England, Aztecs, Venice, The Huns, Spain, The Celts, Korea, Carthage.

My least favorite civs are Indonesia, Persia, Mongolia and Assyria.

I play england so so so often that the first time i saw elizabeth in the diplomacy screen it was a real shock!!...and i went to vote for her as world leader as well :)

The most fun I have is playing warmonger-favorable civs lately, with Shaka, Assyria, China, England being some of my more fun recent ones. When I warmong I like to do Epic->Fractal or Pangaea because I like the pace of epic, and I'm not great at dealing with runaways on other continents.

I also like Spain and re-rolling until I get a good Natural Wonder :) My game with King Solomon's mines, +12 production in the capital was GREAT for wonder whoring.

I do vary it up a lot though, I don't often play the same civ twice in a row. I like the variety that the small differences bring.

I have found that I do not like one particular Civ for more than a game or two. I like switching it up every time and playing as someone new. It's kinda weird, but I usually have the most success with Civ's that aren't particularly considered to be the stronger Civs in the game, so that makes it kinda interesting.

I like Tradition, but I get tempted into using Liberty from time to time. I'm terrible at playing Wide though, so I usually struggle in those games.

I usually don't pick a strategy until I am in the game and see what is going on. I used to go in with something in mind, only to find that it wouldn't be possible. I try to be as flexible as I can now.

Part of the fun of Civ V for me is the surprise factor. I will always play as a random civ unless I have a specific idea in mind for that game or I haven't played with a certain civ in a long time (or ever) and want to play a game with them.

I generally play super-long games (Marathon/Saga length) so I prefer to build tall until I have a technological advantage, then I target the strongest civilization's capital. Once I take their capital, I then raze as many of their cities as possible and either eliminate them completely or leave them with one poorly placed tiny city. I then repeat on the next strongest, etc.

I always go straight for the Great Library and usually go for all the wonder-related policies and religious enhancers. I usually use Tithe as my founder bonus to rake in the dough later on...especially if I am able to produce Borobudur and strategically convert City States to create a conversion windfall.

Once I get the Great Library, I'll set my target research based on my geography and my proximity to dangerous neighbors. I'll often set my next target technology at Education to further increase my scientific advantage.

I'm trying to play with all civs -yet there are some civs I haven't played-

Don't like -maybe hate- some civs, not because of their UA, UB, UU or something but annoying leaders like Maria of Portugal, Alex of Greece, Elizabeth of England, Ramk of Siam, Darius of Persia etc.

Past few games I have wanted to use Carthage for Coastal Cities and getting the free harbor. Tradition, Exploration and Rationalism. Shoot for getting extra trade routes via World Wonders. Focus on Cargo Ships for trade and get East India Trading Co.

Greece...for Cultural win. Getting as many CS Allies as possible since your influence stays much longer than other AI Civs. Tradition, Tree for City States...can't remember at the moment, then Rationalism. I usually always go Freedom.

Brew God

Top Bottom